Looks like I'll be working on the 1377

• Thread starter Deleted member 46449
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46449

Well, I'm committed now. I did a little trading with a good member on here and got the first piece of the pie, so to speak. I'll not mention the other member's name in the sake of privacy. He is free to comment if he likes. The shoulder stock went on like a good leather glove. So, I guess over time I will be buying parts and pieces to fix the old 1377 up. Looks nice!

P1010994-vi.jpg

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
HI, yeah, I swapped him my spare 2240/2250 conversion stock. I don't recall any such O-rings, at least on the 2240. When I did a test fit on the 1337 before I shipped it I did not notice the o-rings on the 1377 frame. In any case from starling's photo it looks like the o-rings are retained to the frame, at least a little? Regards

Last edited:
smhardesty-I'm not sure you can change the breech on that model 1377 if that's what you're planning. If you want to add an optical sight look into the clamp-on mount from Sun Optics. The newer 13xx series guns with the plastic breeches are easy to upgrade to the steel breech, I'm not sure about the older variant that's pictured in your post. A simple and effective mod to lighten the trigger is to remove the spring inside the grip, slide it onto a Phillips screwdriver and squash the spring a bit. If the sear won't catch, stretch it until it does. This improved the trigger on my 1322 quite a bit. The 13xx series guns can be a lot of fun and pretty darn accurate!

smhardesty-I'm not sure you can change the breech on that model 1377 if that's what you're planning. If you want to add an optical sight look into the clamp-on mount from Sun Optics. The newer 13xx series guns with the plastic breeches are easy to upgrade to the steel breech, I'm not sure about the older variant that's pictured in your post. A simple and effective mod to lighten the trigger is to remove the spring inside the grip, slide it onto a Phillips screwdriver and squash the spring a bit. If the sear won't catch, stretch it until it does. This improved the trigger on my 1322 quite a bit. The 13xx series guns can be a lot of fun and pretty darn accurate!

I don't even know what I'm planning to do with this thing. It seems to me I contacted Crosman after I got the gun to find out what year it was and ask about parts to freshen it up. The gal I emailed back and forth with said that the steel breech was an option. For now, I was planning on putting a "clamp on" mount on it with a fairly cheap scope. That, a new pump grip, and a complete set of new seals and O-rings are the only things I'm fairly certain I'll do. Beyond that, it'll be a while before I decide.

Buckrail makes some pretty nice stuff for the 13xx’s. He sells an adapter with a moderator that will replace the front sight that will really quiet it down. Not that they all that loud but it should make it real stealthy quiet with the moderator. He also has a fatter forearm for a little nicer pumping.
He also makes the type of scope mounts your looking for and his stuff is pretty reasonable in price.
He’s a veteran owned business and I’ve been impressed with the few parts I ordered from him.

The plastic 1399 skeleton stock might sit a little low when using a scope. At least it is for me. This cheek riser works pretty good to get good eye alignment with a scope and doesn’t cost a bunch. It just clamps on. I have one that I don’t use and I’ll send it to you if you want. Just send me a PM.

I'll have to try that on the trigger spring. It looks like I'll be doing a complete tear down and refurb. Thanks for that tip.

Buckrail makes some pretty nice stuff for the 13xx’s. He sells an adapter with a moderator that will replace the front sight that will really quiet it down. Not that they all that loud but it should make it real stealthy quiet with the moderator. He also has a fatter forearm for a little nicer pumping.
He also makes the type of scope mounts your looking for and his stuff is pretty reasonable in price.
He’s a veteran owned business and I’ve been impressed with the few parts I ordered from him.

The plastic 1399 skeleton stock might sit a little low when using a scope. At least it is for me. This cheek riser works pretty good to get good eye alignment with a scope and doesn’t cost a bunch. It just clamps on. I have one that I don’t use and I’ll send it to you if you want. Just send me a PM.

I already have Buck Rail's site bookmarked. It's a pretty neat site, for sure. I've looked over quite a few things on there.