Low, medium, or high rings for an Arken Epl-4 on AA s510xs

I use Sportsmatch high rings and have no real issues with comfort or ergonomics. A little lower would be nice too, but you need to clear the top of the mag of course, and Arken scopes also have a larger turret housing and plug on the underside of the saddle. Sportsmatch list their scope heights kind of weird, so top of the dovetail to centerline of scope is 1.3” on their high rings. Many manufacturers’ medium rings would be 1.25” for the comparable dimension. Here’s a few pics. Scope on the gun is a 30mm tube for reference. My Arken is a 34mm tube, but the erector plug looks similar between their different lines.
IMG_3473.jpeg
IMG_3474.jpeg

Reactions: Rolf-Longreach
Everybody is different. Personally, my neck length is longer than average. I typically need to use tall rings. What works for me, might not work for you. Buy from a dealer that allows returns. Try a set of mediums, and adjust from there. Good luck.
Rolf -

Like Mr. H. says...it ALL depends on YOU, not (so much) the gun, not at all, the scope / sight.

Scope height lightly depends on the guns stock design. But the MAIN height criteria is the shooter or you, in this case.
Your shoulder to neck to cheek shape, or dimensions. How your neck bends to lay your head over to set your cheek on the comb of the gunstock.
Plus...how you FEEL, about your neck / head position. Is it comfortable...is it easy to align your eye with the center of the scope without using muscles, vs. the the "resting" of your cheek on the stock.

Seems that most can get away with a mid height rings. It may...take buying a set of rings, then not being exactly...happy or comfortable/ Then you know what to buy next.

I'd buy a cheap set of mid-height rings. If you like the height, buy a nice set of rings. If not, then you'll know to buy taller or shorter next time.

Mike