LP53...Dots in front of my eyes...

Hi

I have just joined AGN, having seen Steevos posts on the LP53.

I own one, and I am going to mount a Red Dot where the rear sight lives.

Sooo, a liddle bit of gun-smithing, and I will have a sight my old eyes can see.

The Walther has been overhauled and tuned by a gunsmith ( ?) who decided to buff the whole pistol, and repaint it matt black!

The original owner in the UK gifted it to me, as he hated the "mods."

The rear sight screw in the breech area for holding the actual rear sight is stripped, so I will be doing a slightly larger hole, but no deeper

The screw holding in the front sight blade is also stripped, so I will remove the blade for later use, maybe?

BTW...I also own a .177 BSA Meteor, numerous 2240s and 2250s, and my super accurate Archer QB78 in .22 with a modded stock for my build.

Also lots of various scopes of different types and magnifications.

Take a look at the brand, "Holosun".

They have a long list of various dot sights, both red and green dots. They are a very good choice for overall cost, vs. battery life (50,000 hours), a nice round dot (I have astigmatism too), toughness in the field (can be dropped from height onto hard surfaces without damage !). Some have a single reticle, some have two, and a couple even have three different reticles to choose from.

80% of my guns have some form of red/green dot sight on them, even my firearms. The rest have a "prism" type sight, with is actually a MUCH better choice for folks with vision problems. BUT...they are mostly used on rifles, not pistols !

Mike

1777E7E4-B342-44CB-8652-9622553A00C8.1653911329.jpeg

Like so. …but go high quality on the red dot. This is 2 MOA which allows greater precision and the build quality is important as many of the cheap ones loose their zero