FX M4 Trigger information

I would be interested to hear from a new M4 owner if the trigger is actually any different (better) and if it it retro upgradable to the mk1, mk2 and M3. It is the only aspect of the M4 that if it actually is a better unit would interest me. My MK2 has all the M3 upgrades (apart from 2nd Reg) and is fitted with the Airmarksman rail. The only thing I'd like to try is a solid (LW?) barrel, but they currently only make them in 14mm .177.

I would be interested to hear from a new M4 owner if the trigger is actually any different (better) and if it it retro upgradable to the mk1, mk2 and M3. It is the only aspect of the M4 that if it actually is a better unit would interest me. My MK2 has all the M3 upgrades (apart from 2nd Reg) and is fitted with the Airmarksman rail. The only thing I'd like to try is a solid (LW?) barrel, but they currently only make them in 14mm .177.
It is not backwards compatible.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Thanks for the info.. Is there any chance you could photograph the trigger with the side plate removed? I'm interested in the changes to the main block. I find my MK 2 trigger has to be set to being a single stage to get the best from it. Does the M4 trigger have discernable stages?.
well I will have a look, but it will be later. Need to find some time first

well I will have a look, but it will be later. Need to find some time first
@R0B so here you go with a better look on the trigger. However I think Airbuks video on it will give you more insight, it's pretty clear how it works.

20240807_222339.jpg

20240807_222314.jpg

Reactions: Impact701
@R0B so here you go with a better look on the trigger. However I think Airbuks video on it will give you more insight, it's pretty clear how it works.

View attachment 486563

View attachment 486564
Thanks very much for taking the time to photograph it. Interesting....I did watch the airbuks video, but was interested in the positioning of the new trigger in the block....your picture shows it perfectly.

Reactions: airman_o