Snowpeak M60B 30 cal. Anyone?

Anyone have one of these in 30 caliber? I'm thinking it could scratch my compact big bore itch. I've seem vids of 25 cal and 357, but im wanting get a 30 cal this time around. Can't find much on them and AAF has 2 left in stock.

Anyone have experience with these guns? How have they been treating you? I see tinker potential here, and it's not an overly expensive gun if I mess something up!

Shorty carbon bottle and 6 inches off the barrel and baffled/shrouded would be an awesome backyard thumper.

Krale (Netherlands) has .30 in stock for $607. New ones come with male foster fitting installed, older ones require bottle removal to fill, drawback is air leaving gun with bottle removal draws down freshly installed bottle to replenish. Never thought to ask Krale if I was getting pre-installed foster. Collar is from Wes at airgunarcheryfun in Canada @ $37 to-my-door. WM
IMG_20240525_113644 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Krale (Netherlands) has .30 in stock for $607. New ones come with male foster fitting installed, older ones require bottle removal to fill, drawback is air leaving gun with bottle removal draws down freshly installed bottle to replenish. Never thought to ask Krale if I was getting pre-installed foster. Collar is from Wes at airgunarcheryfun in Canada @ $37 to-my-door. WMView attachment 482036
Is yours a 30 cal? How's the function and fit on the rifle? They look pretty good in videos and pics. I'd love yo mount my nightvision on it and use for a raccoon buster

Anyone have one of these in 30 caliber? ....awesome backyard thumper.
Backyard Thumper!
I smile every time I drop a .30 in my hand, and feel the weight difference compared to a .22 or .25.
My FX Crown loves the 44 grain pellets, and a M60B would be equally powerful!
The "smack" from a 50 grainer is even more rewarding!
Most critters and lightweight targets do not stand a chance!

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I have a 60B in 25 and I'm a little let down by the power of it. I believe the small plenum is what's hurting it. I'm afraid that it would be more evident in 30 cal. My 22 maverick set at lower second regulator pressure makes more power than my 60B in 25 right now. I'm hoping someone starts offering a larger plenum to try.

I will say that I'm completely impressed with the accuracy of the M60B though, it shoots at good as my 25 Uragan.

I have a 60B in 25 and I'm a little let down by the power of it. I believe the small plenum is what's hurting it. I'm afraid that it would be more evident in 30 cal. My 22 maverick set at lower second regulator pressure makes more power than my 60B in 25 right now. I'm hoping someone starts offering a larger plenum to try.

I will say that I'm completely impressed with the accuracy of the M60B though, it shoots at good as my 25 Uragan.

What fpe are you after? I get 60fpe with 30gr slugs @950fps.

I go to .30 if I need more.

What fpe are you after? I get 60fpe with 30gr slugs @950fps.

I go to .30 if I need more.

Mine is making 50fpe with 34gr FX pellets. I'm sure it would drop to 47-48 using a slug with more bearing surface than a pellet. I'd like for it to be in same neighborhood as yours, that's about what my Uragan makes. What is your regulator set at?

Reactions: Firewalker
Mine is making 50fpe with 34gr FX pellets. I'm sure it would drop to 47-48 using a slug with more bearing surface than a pellet. I'd like for it to be in same neighborhood as yours, that's about what my Uragan makes. What is your regulator set at?

I'll have to check, I usually don't care what my regulator is set at, I normally turn it up until I get the speed I want then tune the hammer to just before the knee.

Is yours a 30 cal? How's the function and fit on the rifle? They look pretty good in videos and pics. I'd love yo mount my nightvision on it and use for a raccoon buster
.35 caliber. Heavy with thick aluminum 250 bar bottle, hope to upgrade to CF. Short (see metal yardstick) stunningly accurate @ 50 yards in dime-size circles. FX .35 81 grain pellets hit hard @ 650 FPS, perfect for medium size pests. Fit, form and function not in league with M3 but 1/4 the price, can't complain. WM
IMG_20240409_180419.jpg

Well that didn't take much convincing! I ordered the last 30 cal USA version in stock on airgunarcheryfun.ca

Weird thing is that is says in stock, but the options for caliber and bottle said pre order options? When I selected 30 cal and stock bottle it dropped from 3 in stock to just the 1. Hopefully I didn't just pre order.

Well that didn't take much convincing! I ordered the last 30 cal USA version in stock on airgunarcheryfun.ca

Weird thing is that is says in stock, but the options for caliber and bottle said pre order options? When I selected 30 cal and stock bottle it dropped from 3 in stock to just the 1. Hopefully I didn't just pre order.

Call Wes, he will have answers.

Call Wes, he will have answers.
I took you advise and gave him a call. Nice guy, but he's Canadian so I believe that's like a law or something.

He said it was indeed in stock and would box it up today! He said the 30 cal is the way to go if you want the bigger bores. 357 only pushes 650 fps or so, where ad the 30 cal is doing 800s stock.

This is going to be getting my PARD DS35 on top of it. Maybe I'll dip my toes into editing and make some YT videos since no one has anything about the 30 cal.

Reactions: Rizz01
Dr. K,
Agree, .30 is next logical step, I've three, Wildcat MK3, Vulcan 3 and Uragan 2. Considered .35 after watching RTI Mora videos, not interested in $2400 so scratched the itch with Snowpeak. If willing to share to-your-door pricing from Wes would be interesting to compare with Krale. Mine was stock with 500cc aluminum bottle and moderator, $662.47 in March 2024. WM

Reactions: Rizz01
Dr. K,
Agree, .30 is next logical step, I've three, Wildcat MK3, Vulcan 3 and Uragan 2. Considered .35 after watching RTI Mora videos, not interested in $2400 so scratched the itch with Snowpeak. If willing to share to-your-door pricing from Wes would be interesting to compare with Krale. Mine was stock with 500cc aluminum bottle and moderator, $662.47 in March 2024. WM
I paid $638 USD under today's currency rate to Missouri. All stock with the moderator.

Reactions: WorriedMan