Macavity Arms Magazines

I ordered two. I am hoping they at least have a way for me to know when all pellets have been fired by not loading when empty. But I really don't know why I think they would add this feature, just a guess. I have not seen anyone review them. Guess I'll find out next week when they get here.
Same here. I can't believe none of the reviewers (but me) even talked about the magazines and took them apart and complained about the function, serviceability, construction, nothing. They wanted feedback, but they didn't seem to listen to it in the end. The flimsy pic rail is going to be what cost them sales, though I don't use that, I do use the magazines. The next gun they put out had better address this stuff or they will be a memory pretty fast. What really irks me is how well they did everything else, there is not one level of consistency, some aspects are class-leading awesome and some are neglected. It is strange that I have not found anyone talking about the metal magazines either. I have to assume they are the same design but I am really interested to see if the steel quality and construction matches the quality of the guns receiver, or if it matches the stocks pic rail.

Reactions: gstrain
I kinda feel that they built it using parts already in use. They say it is an American air rifle. Made in China with samples that were made for the Korean market according to one video from a gun show in an interview with a Macavity rep. Not sure if they are the same rifle or if they are trying to upgrade the parts lacking in other markets.

I do like the way it shoots and the smoothness of operation. I know I seem to have a better consistency if I don't fill it all the way. I still am learning what can be adjusted and don't think I have the regulator quite right yet.

I hope that as they go into full production they do address the inconsistencies and produce a really good all around air rifle that can be used by beginners like me and not just experienced shooters who adjust the rifle to their particular taste and specs.

Reactions: PumaCarl
I got the metal magazine and the design and function is the same. Bummer. The quality is good though, just like the metal work on the gun. They really should just be going with these and lose the plastic ones altogether. They are worth buying if you are buying more. The only things the plastic mags have going for them is that they are cheaper and you can see what you have in them. A non-issue for me, I always shoot the same thing, and once you feel the quality of the metal ones I doubt too many people would buy the plastic.