Magazine leak

Picked up an Umarex S&W M&P 40 CO2 pistol. It's awesome, except after about 5 cartridges it now immediately dumps out all my CO2 after screwing it in. I've done a little research, some say to tighten the ring around the puncture pin. Others says to take the magazine apart and put gasket maker where the seal is. Anyone do a break down and repair of your CO2 pistol mag? What did you do? Once again any help is appreciated guys, I'm fairly new to the air gunner world in general. Already having problems with CO2 guns, maybe I should stick with break barrel or PCP 🤣
I don't know if this helps, but all of the CO2 dumps out of the top little hole that sits behind the bb loading area, as well as shoots out the bottom of the magazine. Most of it actually shoots out of the bottom.

I had the same problem with my CO2 Umerex 1911. I just bought a new magazine for it. Most of those CO2 replica guns are very difficult to take apart (at least for me) and it's nearly impossible to get parts from the factory. That's why I don't by replica guns any more. I stick with air guns that I can work on myself like the Crosman CO2 pistols and spring piston rifles.

Can't help, as I've never had your problem.

But I did have a problem with a P229 Sig replica gun.
The tube that is "supposed to" puncture the co2 cartridge, would not. I talked to the seller (name brand shop), they said go to Sig Sauer ! I called Sig, they said that they could not fix it.
It's the gun that has the lever on the back of the grip that's supposed to lift the cartridge into the socket/piercing tube. I tried all kinds of stuff. From simple to just plain dumb fixes. Nothing worked.

So, I plan on taking a rosebud tipped torch to it to see what kind of artwork, puddle of cheap pot metal and plastic it may produce ! Gotta find my old small cast iron pan..!

Yeah, no more replica crap here either.

Good luck.

Mike

I had the same problem with my CO2 Umerex 1911. I just bought a new magazine for it. Most of those CO2 replica guns are very difficult to take apart (at least for me) and it's nearly impossible to get parts from the factory. That's why I don't by replica guns any more. I stick with air guns that I can work on myself like the Crosman CO2 pistols and spring piston rifles.
Yeh..I have the Umarex Thompson M1A1. I like the gun but not the customer service. Worst in the industry. They don't give a flyingf%$^k about their customers once they have your money so for that reason I would never even consider another Umarex product. I'd stick with Crosman, easy to get parts and good history and reputation. I never even heard of Umarex until recently when the Thompson caught my attention.

Yeh..I have the Umarex Thompson M1A1. I like the gun but not the customer service. Worst in the industry. They don't give a flyingf%$^k about their customers once they have your money so for that reason I would never even consider another Umarex product. I'd stick with Crosman, easy to get parts and good history and reputation. I never even heard of Umarex until recently when the Thompson caught my attention.
I would love to get one of those Thompson M1A1 guns along with a bunch of other replicas but I don't by them because of the exact reasons you stated above.

I would love to get one of those Thompson M1A1 guns along with a bunch of other replicas but I don't by them because of the exact reasons you stated above.
Yep...worst case scenario they look damn good mounted on a display or wall. I have seen non fire replicas that cost as much....

They do work well though when the parts are to be had. Just that I won't support a company that doesn't support their product and its a foreign product. I contacted both the local Arkansas US office as well as the German main office....crickets.