Making the move to FX and starting with the Dreamline Tactical. Talk me out of it.

You need to get one of those Zbroia rifles so you can pit them against each other and tell us who's actually winning!
Just sold a zbroia, the are awsome rifles for the money, sitting next to my Ataman 😀

FBC96EA0-E527-4573-A060-BCB9795F4E8D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Not a fanboy, just realistic and I'm never owing a gun I cant show my pastor. 🤣
Unless the pastor is your shooting buddy? A non issue, it’s funny and fun to see so many hung up on the name Brocock. All three of mine have been super solid. My favorite, the Atomic XR, is simply blowing my mind. I shoot it almost everyday. Thousands of pellets down range through all three, ZERO problems. @Firewalker, buy the gun you’re set on. You and wife are in it for the long run… You’ll be allowed to own another at some future point. Good luck.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Unless the pastor is your shooting buddy? A non issue, it’s funny and fun to see so many hung up on the name Brocock. All three of mine have been super solid. My favorite, the Atomic XR, is simply blowing my mind. I shoot it almost everyday. Thousands of pellets down range through all three, ZERO problems. @Firewalker, buy the gun you’re set on. You and wife are in it for the long run… You’ll be allowed to own another at some future point. Good luck.
I was in the market for a compact and almost bought a Atomic but got a BP17 instead

Reactions: L.Leon
If your goal is 1 MOA at 100 yards, I would rule out a .177 cal. You probably need at least a .22, or maybe preferable .25 cal. The .177 usually are to sensitive to wind gust at that range. There can be a gust not notisable making it very hard when shooting outdoors. Some heavier .22, or .25 pellets perform better in the wind. And realistically there has to be no wind.

If you plan to shoot pellets mainly, I believe all later generation FX guns are powerfull enough to shoot all "standard" medium to heavy weight pellets at the speed you need up to 100 yards. Usually you will shoot any of the pellets between 800, and 900 fps. I personally have not owned a dreamline, but it seems to have the same adjustability as the crown, with both a transfer port, and hammer wheel adjuster. If I should have bought one myself, I would probably go for the bottle version, as the tube version may seems to not have that big air reservoir.

Last edited:
If you plan to shoot pellets mainly, I believe all later generation FX guns are powerfull enough to shoot all "standard" medium to heavy weight pellets at the speed you need up to 100 yards. Usually you will shoot any of the pellets between 800, and 900 fps. I personally have not owned a dreamline, but it seems to have the same adjustability as the crown, with both a transfer port, and hammer wheel adjuster. If I should have bought one myself, I would probably go for the bottle version, as the tube version may seems to not have that big air reservoir.

Thinking about the Crown now that the bottle issue has come up but still have the 1K budget so we will see how it goes.

Yes, .22 or .25, I have bigger calibers to hit larger animals.

People, the names are just names, aint care about names. I just want an FX dream line tactical.

Keep the comments coming but kids, lets stay ON TOPIC!! o_O
If that's what you want then go for it...

2 ways it will go . Youll like it or you won't.. then you know better next time.. 😉.

Like reading on this you got the hate club and the fan club.. only your experance with it puts you in one or the other...lol

Last edited:
I bought my first FX 22 years ago, a FX 2000 in 22cal, and have owned or own at least 15 since then. Never had a problem out of any of them. I'm getting ready to buy another airgun pretty soon and I wouldn't mind having an FX Dreamline tactical. Utah Airguns has free upgrade on Hogue grip and stock.

I'm liking that a lot but that Wildcat compact in the classifieds is speaking to me now too!

OK, I have done what I can with the mid priced airguns, they have given me fantastic results at close ranges but I want to get my groups down to 1MOA at 100 yards and I want to do this with the FX line. Cost is a factor and if I hear "Buy once, cry once" Ill.... (momma will never go for it.)

I'm Swedish so the FX is the only real choice, no BRO cock (dumbest name in the history of airguns) or EdGuns, so dont even bother with steering me away.

GO!
$300 SIG Sauer PCP tactical

sig-mcxvirtuspcp.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker