Manning no fly zone...

This guy hides in tree until sparrow shot. Scope down, pick up, devour and fly away.

20240827_095637.jpg

20240827_134121.jpg

20240827_134118.jpg

20240827_134158.jpg

20240827_095643.jpg

Couple of summers ago there was red fox that would come to collect "his" pest whenever he heard a shot. He knew the difference between pesting and plinking at the shooting range.

That fall he accompanied me whenever I went out for squirrels and it was almost like hunting over a dog. He didn't touch the squirrel when it fell but was quick to claim the innards.

Couple of summers ago there was red fox that would come to collect "his" pest whenever he heard a shot. He knew the difference between pesting and plinking at the shooting range.

That fall he accompanied me whenever I went out for squirrels and it was almost like hunting over a dog. He didn't touch the squirrel when it fell but was quick to claim the innards.
I’ve come to expect this level of sharpness from a fox.

It’s a wonder a creature as dumb as man was able to hunt them to as near extinction as we did.

When hunting quail in the desert hawks are important. They are ALWAYS near a covey. When you see a hawk you always stop and investigate. Often you flush quail.

Conversely when you shoot a bird a hawk will swoop down and get him before he hits the ground. Or snatch him up immediately after. It happens fairly often on a quail or dove hunt around here.

They will hunt back and forth in front of you as you are walking too. Watching to see if you flush something.

They are the ultimate spot and stalk hunter. They take advantage of every angle. A lot smarter than we would ever think.

There’s dumb and then there’s stupid. Two very different problems.

Rick H.
I prefer ignorant vs stupid. Ignorant is not knowing something, stupid is when you know it and do it anyway.
It was nice dating a dumb lady for a while, I was getting tired of hearing I was doing something wrong. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (joking of course)

Smitty