Marauder 25 cal

I've had one since the 1st generation and very low serial number - never had any problem form it, just change the loading port o ring now and then.

I have no idea how many rounds have been fired maybe 1500. Never modified it in any way - just tuned it.

I was sent to Asia and it sit in the closet most of the time, this last stretch for about 5 years with out being fired at all - broke to out a couple of weeks ago and still shoots just like I left it. I really expected a have a seal leak somewhere.

Benjamin really vamped up the PCP world with this production- it wasn't super expensive and super accurate, and gained a lot of attention from the barrel brake guys like myself.

Once you go down PCP rabbit hole it becomes a never ending tunnel, Being in Asia for 15 yrs keep me out but as soon as I retured I fall right back in the hole again

probably still the most punch you can buy in the midcost guns and a good hunting platform .. its heavy and big and pellets arnt cheap but if you got serious work to do its a very capable gun ... had mine since 2012, nsver a problem .. recently modded it out and its a real can opener now at 60+ftlbs, nothin better than gettin after somethin with that thing lol ...

probably still the most punch you can buy in the midcost guns and a good hunting platform .. its heavy and big and pellets arnt cheap but if you got serious work to do its a very capable gun ... had mine since 2012, nsver a problem .. recently modded it out and its a real can opener now at 60+ftlbs, nothin better than gettin after somethin with that thing lol ...

what mods did you make?

Hi. I have a Benjamin Armada in .22 cal. It is the same rifle with different body work. Purchased in May 21 from Amazon for 700.00 with a bipod & CP 4×16-40 scope. Loved it from the moment I saw the box. 

So far, I have added a better scope, Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6×24-50, a two inch longer Lother Walther 12 km barrel from Mountain Air (Roy), a Huma regulator from AoA, changed almost every spring in it, customized it so I can perform external adjustments. (not needed for the Marauder.) Then I drilled a hole in the air tank and added another gauge so I can see tank & reg pressure. Joined the Phoenix Air Gun club, shooting matches almost every weekend, and can practice in my yard to 60 yards without bother. At 62, one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. The best part is being able to work on it as well as shoot. 

I haven't shot any other besides this one, so what's best one, I not the guy. Limited budget, having a blast. 

Chasing the little black dot will suck you in. 

In closing, let me just say,

IF I BOUGHT A SAILBOAT INSTEAD, IT WOULD NEVER BE WINDY.

Reactions: SHOMER
All this talk about the marauder, lol, makes me want to pull mine out and dust it off, see how it’s doing. Haven’t shot it in almost a year

Bigragu, because of your help a couple of years ago with my tuning and newbie repair issues I stuck with it and now have quite a few mrods, 3 are .25 cal, one set up for slugs/EFT.

IMO, they are relatively simple but great shooting guns with almost endless possibilities and parts/support galore. While new tech heavy rifles are rolled out all the time, the Marauder still shows up in competitions, modded no doubt but an mrod still, which says something. 

Reactions: Bigragu
DITTO to all above.

I just removed the “Lawyer Spring” on my Gen I

16 shots 41-42fpe.

Too much fun..

FBCA6D0F-B667-4F68-BFA6-96EB00DCF451.1643127385.jpeg

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I really like my Marauder(s) though I have since went the FX route for more power and modern features. I guess I can still call my .25 cal a Marauder. I have a lightweight air tube that makes it 5.5 lbs. without a scope and have a Cobra valve in it along with a regulator and a MDS hammer and a twin spring system. I have it ported to .220" and tuned to 55 FPE. I also removed the choke and added in more baffles to fill in the gap. It's a pretty sweet shooter and light to carry with the LW air tube and synthetic stock. Most of these mods are not available now so I am glad I got into modding it when the getting was good. It's a great gun for quick work and to take a break from the mighty power of the FX with. I also have a .22 cal Marauder that is also modded with a LW air tube, MDS hammer and such plus a MM Hammer forged barrel. I think the Marauders are great guns that have good steel and are super easy to repair and should last a very long time with their basic design. It's hard to go wrong with a Marauder, but there are other guns now that better compete with it as far as side levers and such. When I bought my .22 cal it was the cheapest repeater gun available at that time and was my intro into PCP air guns.

I purchased a 25 Marauder last July. This was my first real airgun beyond a Crosman 760 decades ago. Luckily mine came with a very nice wood stock that looks like a type of walnut.

It is scoped with a Hawke Vantage 4-16 x 44 with Mil Dot reticle - which I like very much.

Other accessories added:
Hill Airguns barrel band
Hill Airguns matched parts kit
Huma regulator
Hatch 2" Picatinny Rail
UTG Recon 360 Bipod

Overall weight with all of the above is > 10 lbs, which is fine since I do not need to carry it far.

I removed the "lawyer spring" from the trigger and followed a youtube video to adjust it - which was a major improvement.

The gun is tuned to 44 FPE with JSB 25.39 Exact Kings (885 fps). This meets my objective of 25 FPE at 75 yards, and achieves a reasonable balance of accuracy, trajectory, shot count, and cocking effort.

When I do my part, groups at 50 yards are < MOA - often one ragged hole - and are just over MOA at 75 yards off of the bipod and a rear rest. My feeling is that the groups could be tighter if I was more consistent! FWIW I sort pellets with a Pelletgage and by weight.

With a 50 yard zero, two Mil Dots elevation is needed at 75 yards. At 25 yards groups are 1" high, so one Mil Dot low. When magnification is set at 11X (i.e., fudge factor) trajectory matches what is predicted by Chairgun, so I can use the Mil Dots and not change scope settings.

Tim Hill was extremely helpful in helping me get the Marauder set up and also for resolving a few issues along the way.

For me the Marauder has been a great PCP to start with.

Reactions: SqrlHntr
Whats everyone's thoughts on the Marauder in 25cal? I love mine.
I got one back in the Gen 1 days. Had issues with leaks caused by o rings being clipped by sharp edges in holes in the air reservoir. Hope I have that fixed now. It’s accurate, powerful and quiet. The design is getting kinda long in the tooth.