Crosman Marauder bolt repaired.

You are correct, it was my fault. I still don’t think the bolt should have broke that easily. A better magazine design would prevent this from happening.

In the future if it occurs again, you could remove the breach, and remove the bolt prior to hammering out the mag. I have in the past taken shortcuts and created a mess by doing so. I have been in the exact same position as you although I didn't hammer the mag out while the bolt was in to cause damage.

-Matt

In the future if it occurs again, you could remove the breach, and remove the bolt prior to hammering out the mag. I have in the past taken shortcuts and created a mess by doing so. I have been in the exact same position as you although I didn't hammer the mag out while the bolt was in to cause damage.

-Matt
Same here. The one time among four M-Rods that I managed to jam a magazine I just pulled the breach off and removed the bolt. Pretty easy and no chance of damage. For posterity when searches are made, the correct way to remove a jammed magazine and pellet is to remove the breach assembly, remove the bolt and barrel and then pull the stubborn magazine out.

Edit to add: For future reference the reason you cannot simply remove the barrel by removing the two set screws atop the receiver is that the transfer port sticks up into a relief cut into the barrel at the port. Thus the receiver must be removed so that the transfer port (and gasket) can be removed and then the barrel can be withdrawn from the assembly. The annoying thing here is that the sighting system (scope) will likely need to be removed and then the rifle resighted afterwards.

The AGR product that is a thumb screw that threads into the aft end cap greatly reduces the possibility of short stroking the bolt. Works great for a simple thing, makes cocking easy and sure and much less expensive than NLA side lever mods:

Last edited:
Bear with me as its been a few years since I was digging into the mrod’s on a regular basis but its seems to me the easiest solution would be to simply
remove the upper barrel/receiver assembly(which can safely be done without degassing),
undo the barrel set screws and drop out the transfer port if it stayed in the barrel port
slide the barrel and shroud out either bringing the partially jammed pellet with it
or allowing you access to the pellet from the front of the receiver
allowing removal without any cause for hammering and risking damage to the bolt, magazine, receiver and barrel.

Could be done in under 5 mins if the tools were handy and be back up and running with a zero confirmation.

For the record… I read it here.

davecole

Member​

Possibly a pellet lodged between the mag and the leade. Had this happen before.

gently tap against the side of the mag with a wooden dowel and preferably a rubber mallet until it comes out.
know there may be part of the pellet in the leade. Discharge the gun in a safe direction.
shouldn't have any damage to any of the components.

LikeReply

Upvote0

[IMG alt="lwm211"]https://www.airgunnation.com/data/avatars/s/9/9429.jpg?1687807338[/IMG]

lwm211

Member​

Probably a stuck pellet, remove the barrel. If the above suggestion does not work for you.

Got the new air gauge today, installed it, filled the gun with air and fired a full mag through. Functioned fine, except the air gauge leaks….

Could be an o-ring on the gauge body is nicked, would leak from the same location via the gauge port, but if its the gauge itself then that is a bummer!

-Matt

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
As noted, most likely the O-rings on either side of the gage manifold.

The gage to manifold, there is a little O-ring that sits inside the manifold relief for the gage thread that could be missing?

Edit to add, the gage port cutout in the reservoir tube is famous for being sharp on the inside. It is not unusual to cut either the valve O-ring or the aft O-ring of the gage manifold as they pass this cutout during insertion. The cutout needs to be deburred on the inner OD and there is a little tool (I think ARG has it) to assist the O-rings past this cutout. That tool is not needed if the hole is deburred with a deburring blade and plenty of silicone grease and care is taken.

Last edited: