Marauder Leak

Ok. I’ve about had it. My Marauder with installed Huma reg and factory gauge block has sprung a leak. I tore it down, replaced all the orings and it’s still leaking from around the gauge block. I even used the tool Archer sells to preserve the orings during install. The gun also puffs air through the valve retainer screws when fired. I have torn this gun down way too many times. All the orings are in great shape. What could be wrong? Could it be the regulator needing a rebuild? HELP! Or buy the darn thing.

I am fighting with a Gen 2 marauder .25 as well. The steps I haven’t taken are to replace the gauge, apparently a known leak spot. The other thing is that the air tube doesn’t clean up nice where the gauge block is. So the possibility is that there is corrosion in that area preventing a seal. I know that the Gen 1 air tubes are very hard to get, Crosman ceased production of them. On yours, it is also possible that the regulator itself has an internal leak. That would leak via gauge port as it is the vent path from the regulator. Puffs of air from the valve screws I would think that the transfer port is leaking when in the firing cycle. On yours, I am leaning towards the regulator and the transfer port gaskets. Mine is getting a new pressure tube and gauge block.

Ok. I’ve about had it. My Marauder with installed Huma reg and factory gauge block has sprung a leak. I tore it down, replaced all the orings and it’s still leaking from around the gauge block. I even used the tool Archer sells to preserve the orings during install. The gun also puffs air through the valve retainer screws when fired. I have torn this gun down way too many times. All the orings are in great shape. What could be wrong? Could it be the regulator needing a rebuild? HELP! Or buy the darn thing.
i assume you dropped a reg on top of the gage block , the reg has a oring on the under side "bottom " where it sets on top of the gage block ? the gage block has a oring on top that needs removed , did you do that ?

sounds like 2 issues , transfer port and more than likely something may have cut the oring , if its the reg its self leaking you can tie it off to a guitar string or something else , then if you re do it and it still leaks you can just pull the reg out with out pulling the gun all apart , or just adjust your reg pressure much easier , go slow with good silicone lube and maybe use a allen key to tuck o rings back in gage hole as you pass, check for sharp edges burs etc before assembly