Just a PSA to folks thinking about getting a March scope. If you need service/repairs, you will have to ship it back to Japan on your own nickel. For my March High Master 10-60x56, it is going to be $140 with only about 1/2 the insurance needed to replace it. I understand the turn-around is 2 to 3 months. For Sightrons or Trijicon, you only need to ship to a US address, despite being built overseas, which is quick and lots cheaper.

This particular scope is having problems tracking elevation and windage adjustments. This is also manifesting itself in a significant amount of POI shift with temperature. I mounted the scope on a picatinny rail attached to a heavy table and watched the POI shift down and left all day with temperature swings, over 4.5 MOA through a hot day. This really explains a lot of the problems I have been having on the field target course (WFTF class). I had to adjust 2.5 MOA to get close to the kill zones mid-match on a recent GP The March scope ranges beautifully, but I am not sure I have confidence to use it for field target anymore.

Just a PSA to folks thinking about getting a March scope. If you need service/repairs, you will have to ship it back to Japan on your own nickel. For my March High Master 10-60x56, it is going to be $140 with only about 1/2 the insurance needed to replace it. I understand the turn-around is 2 to 3 months. For Sightrons or Trijicon, you only need to ship to a US address, despite being built overseas, which is quick and lots cheaper.

This particular scope is having problems tracking elevation and windage adjustments. This is also manifesting itself in a significant amount of POI shift with temperature. I mounted the scope on a picatinny rail attached to a heavy table and watched the POI shift down and left all day with temperature swings, over 4.5 MOA through a hot day. This really explains a lot of the problems I have been having on the field target course (WFTF class). I had to adjust 2.5 MOA to get close to the kill zones mid-match on a recent GP The March scope ranges beautifully, but I am not sure I have confidence to use it for field target anymore.
Timely information

Yes, definitely frustrated with the shift. It seems to continually wander over time, which is why I think something is going on with the erector tube/spring. If it was a Sightron, I probably would have the problem solved by now (or a replacement scope). Although it ranges really well, I am switching to the S6, since that scope seems more reliable (well after 4 FT days so far).