Maverick Gauge Replacement

I never had to pick bits of stuff out of the reg hole -- o-rings alway came out fully intact. But the x-rings were crushed to unrecognizable bits under the crappy air pressure gauges that came with my 30 cal mav sniper over 3 years ago.

I'm really having trouble imagining why your old air pressure gauges won't just unscrew. I can see maybe needing pliers or maybe even vise grips to get it started and then unscrew by hand after that. Maybe someone used locktite. If they used the blue removable locktite, then it would have resistance the whole way out, but still removeable -- just have to use pliers the whole way out.

stovepipe

Had to modify the stock a little to get the "real" gauge to fit my Vulcan 3.
A little sanding to enlarge the radius.

1726153342416.jpeg

Mike

Reactions: jakob8572
I never had to pick bits of stuff out of the reg hole -- o-rings alway came out fully intact. But the x-rings were crushed to unrecognizable bits under the crappy air pressure gauges that came with my 30 cal mav sniper over 3 years ago.

I'm really having trouble imagining why your old air pressure gauges won't just unscrew. I can see maybe needing pliers or maybe even vise grips to get it started and then unscrew by hand after that. Maybe someone used locktite. If they used the blue removable locktite, then it would have resistance the whole way out, but still removeable -- just have to use pliers the whole way out.

stovepipe
I’ve tried everything I’ve got on hand and I haven’t mover them a bit… still stuck.

Though I am looking forward to the upcoming visit to the hardware store. Got quite a list of things to get (not all PCP related).

I’ve tried everything I’ve got on hand and I haven’t mover them a bit… still stuck.

Though I am looking forward to the upcoming visit to the hardware store. Got quite a list of things to get (not all PCP related).
I hate to say it, but it sounds like someone put some fairly (or totally) permanent gunk on the threads of the air guages. I hope I'm wrong.

stovepipe

A brief update! Got the damn thing off. There was definitely some thread locker / sealant on those gauges, but the front one finally came off after I deconstructed it - consisting of removing the face, peeling away the insides, and reshaping the base to fit into an old socket (one I didn’t mind losing).

Luckily there were no “bits” that fell out and everything behind the gauges appear to be in good shape. Next challenge is installation, reassembly, tuning and re-sighting!

A brief update! Got the damn thing off. There was definitely some thread locker / sealant on those gauges, but the front one finally came off after I deconstructed it - consisting of removing the face, peeling away the insides, and reshaping the base to fit into an old socket (one I didn’t mind losing).

Luckily there were no “bits” that fell out and everything behind the gauges appear to be in good shape. Next challenge is installation, reassembly, tuning and re-sighting!
RIGHT ON BROTHER ! ! ! Even though I didn't have anything to do with it and it wasn't MY problem, I actually feel an incredible amount of relief right now. Man, I'm going to get a beer -- it's not refridgerated, but I don't care. Excellent day ! ! !

stovepipe

• Haha
Reactions: jakob8572
RIGHT ON BROTHER ! ! ! Even though I didn't have anything to do with it and it wasn't MY problem, I actually feel an incredible amount of relief right now. Man, I'm going to get a beer -- it's not refridgerated, but I don't care. Excellent day ! ! !

stovepipe
No worries! As far as I’m concerned, you earned that beverage. Cheers!