Me vs. My Cat -- pt. Two

Daves Shed, finally,.... this is mostly to show you just how destructive these little bastards really are.

Daves Shed, as viewed from the Western Outpost. I have his permission to shoot towards his shed.
To get to his shed, with a shot, requires shooting strongly downhill, and, below the branches of the Macadamia trees that are to the side of the shed.
But first, you have to get past this warning at the entrance to his driveway:
DSCN7085.jpg

Daves Shed:
DSCN6773 (1).jpg

And, Daves Shed, foundation,...
Have you ever seen a building with Macadamia Nuts as a foundation?
Directly below the spot with the missing paint is a hole that the Sage Rats use as an entrance to their den below the shed, and, a place where they push the spent shells out through. The entire underside of his shed is filled with these shells. You can see them filling the low depression under the paint spot:
DSCN6647.jpg
DSCN6649.jpg

This is the opposite side of Daves Shed. And, this is the side that I am exposed to. Of note on this side are den entrance holes right at the foundation, and, a motor hoist. And, well, an expired Sage Rat that emerged from its den.
I've also included a few others that emerged at the wrong time.

DSCN6656.jpg
DSCN6657.jpg

DSCN6658.jpg

DSCN6768 (2).jpg

And, I was not so selective as to not shoot baby Sage Rats This one was only exposing its head, to have a look around. This is at the bottom of the den entrance hole, from above, ^, the one with the attempted concrete pour to attempt to cover the den entrance:
DSCN7006.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito
This is my shot at the den holes at Daves Shed, from the Western Outpost.
If you look towards the right, to the rear of the shed, is where the den holes are located. There are two on my side of the shed, and one more immediately behind the rear of the shed.
As I mentioned, it is a long, low shot, to get under the branches of the Mac trees. And at the very rear right corner of the shed is where the engine hoist is located. That hoist was Daves attempt at covering the den holes (yeah right)

DSCN7281.jpg

In order to reach that shot, I immediately had to deal with a left-to-right wind as soon as the shot left the barrel.
To counter that windage influence, I started using the resettable turrets of my UTG Leapers scope (Mini-SWAT). A non-windy day (rare) didn;t require any windage adjustment. The average day required an off-set of two clicks left, and a windy day required four clicks left.
I learned these adjustments in shots into the tangle of the engine hoist.
The rodents would frame their heads in a small triangular window formed by the engine hoist. In order to hit the rodent, I had to shoot through the hoist.
DSCN7278.jpg
DSCN7276.jpg

in order to get to the rodents that emerged from behind the shed, I had to make this shot through the engine hoist, clear the corner of the foundation at an elevation to hit the rodent in the head or vitals shot.
You can see the trace of the pellets as I learned the elevations and windage of this shot. The rodents would sit upright, and, look through this gap, and, POP, they were dead.

Up one, and, windage correction to the left by two,.... try again

DSCN7272.jpg

My neighbor loaned me his night vision binoculars last night, and, I quite by accident, managed to record Rattus Rattus on my Whack-A-Mole gallery baseboards. I'd rather be lucky than good ('cuz I ain't). I just happened to accidently push record a couple of seconds before the vermin entered the gallery.

The bent cactus needle "leaf" to the video left, is the result of a missed shot on a rodent that just happened to pierce that "leaf".
Sarge, or course, immediately noticed it, and asked that I aim more carefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito