• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Meeker Sportsman Club 10th N50 match of the outdoor season, Marion, OH

I‘ll add the only picture I took from the match on Saturday.

IMG_8484.jpeg

Reactions: Joef
Thanks for posting those pics @Buckeye68 Cooper is already a great shooter, especially at 7 years young. We anticipate he is going to be an extraordinary marksman in a few more years. It is so fun and encouraging to watch him grow in the sport. Notice his 2 finger trigger technique :D

He and his dad have an enviable bond and dad is so patient with him. Its obvious they have a lasting friendship.

Thanks for posting those pics @Buckeye68 Cooper is already a great shooter, especially at 7 years young. We anticipate he is going to be an extraordinary marksman in a few more years. It is so fun and encouraging to watch him grow in the sport. Notice his 2 finger trigger technique :D

He and his dad have an enviable bond and dad is so patient with him. Its obvious they have a lasting friendship.

When I saw Cooper’s score, I thought wow! He is just two points behind Dad and his 36 X’s are seriously good vs. all the adults that he competed with at the match. I think he had the 2nd most X’s!

Great story here and it’s obvious everyone enjoys the camaraderie.

Reactions: Loufish
We had an awesome day today at the Meeker Sportsman Club in Marion, Ohio for our 6th N50 match of our outdoor season. We set a new record with 27 shooters in attendance. We have blue skies and the usual switchy wind but I think some folks are starting to figure it out based on the scores we saw today.

A BIG thank you to our range officers, Rick Rizor and Paul Haubert and for Wayne Dodge's willingness to step in and help too. Thanks to Joe and Nancy Haubert, Missy Richards and Diana Thomas at the scoring table. All of your help sure made the match run like clockwork.

Some of the shooters left before we could get all the pictures taken and award certificates handed out. But seeing how some of them had 3+ hour drives back home I understand the need to get on the road.

IMG_8822.jpg
IMG_8821.jpg
IMG_8820.jpg
IMG_8819.jpg
Meeker.6.15.N50.jpg

What a beautiful day at the Meeker Sportsman Club for our 7th N50 match of our outdoor season. As usual the usual tricky switchy winds reared their ugly head and gave most of fits as can be seen by the lower scores that were posted. It wasn’t as tough on the Rimfire shooters but the pellet shooters had their hands full trying to send a shot before those winds decided to switch and many of us got bit.

IMG_0836.png
IMG_8955.jpeg
IMG_8953.jpeg
IMG_8952.jpeg

Last edited:
What a beautiful day at the Meeker Sportsman Club for our 7th N50 match of our outdoor season. As usual the usual tricky switchy winds reared their ugly head and gave most of fits as can be seen by the lower scores that were posted. It wasn’t as tough on the Rimfire shooters but the pellet shooters had their hands full trying to send a shot before those winds decided to switch and many of us got bit.

View attachment 477098View attachment 477039View attachment 477040View attachment 477041

Always enjoy seeing the monthly results of the Meeker N50 shooters.

The RF shooters all did very well despite the wind, but ‘hats off’ to the pellet guys reading that wind. Your Thomas did well as did the shooter.

Tim - Can you find out from Rick Rizor if he used the 15.89 or 18.1g pellet in his Revere and at what velocity? I’ve tried N50 cards a few times with my .22 Revere and it’s a real challenge getting high scores, with that rifle for me anyway. Mine doesn’t have enough velocity nor can I use heavier pellets, so just curious.

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,
Rick and I went to the Midwest Airgun Show in Columbus last month and he purchased a couple tins of the AA16s. During registration he told me that he brought those and JSB 16s to shoot. I didn't get a chance to talk with him afterwards to ask him which shot better but I will and get back to you. I do know that he was as frustrated with the wind as we were and was not using any flags. Yesterday he sent me pics of a flag that he had made to use in future matches.