• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Meeker Sportsman Club 10th N50 match of the outdoor season, Marion, OH

@dmw6455 I’ve developed a bulk email list of past shooters and also have a signup sheet at the registration table to capture emails of new shooters. Then I try to send email reminders about a week before each match. After the match is over, I send scores to everyone on that bulk email list. I have a hunch those emails might contribute to our attendance growth but I could be wrong?

When we first began our matches 3 years ago a club member and former participant would post our upcoming matches on some Facebook groups, since I don’t do FB. I think that was helpful too.

@dmw6455 I’ve developed a bulk email list of past shooters and also have a signup sheet at the registration table to capture emails of new shooters. Then I try to send email reminders about a week before each match. After the match is over, I send scores to everyone on that bulk email list. I have a hunch those emails might contribute to our attendance growth but I could be wrong?

When we first began our matches 3 years ago a club member and former participant would post our upcoming matches on some Facebook groups, since I don’t do FB. I think that was helpful too.
I do all of that and get 6 shooters. I guess in California they have scared off many people from the shooting sports. Although the NRL22 match gets 30 shooters at our club.

Good morning shooters. Just a reminder that our next N50 match is scheduled for this coming Tuesday morning on 8/27. Sign in is at 10 and the match begins promptly at 11. Its forecasted to be a hot one and as always we will provide free ice water to all participants.

Hope to see you at the Meeker Sportsman Club

N50 Rules can be found here N50 Rules

tim...

Last edited:
Reactions: tommyb
Good morning shooters. Just a reminder that our next N50 match is scheduled for this coming Tuesday morning on 8/27. Sign in is at 10 and the match begins promptly at 11. Its forecasted to be a hot one and as always we will provide free ice water to all participants.

tim...

I see three 250’s coming your way on Tuesday with my zero-1 mph wind forecast. 😀😀

tim...
Good Luck!

Thanks to all who came out today for our Tuesday morning N50 match. We couldn't have pulled it off without the generous help of ROs Rick Rizor and Paul Haubert, target runners and scorers Diana Thomas, Bob Juengst, Missy Richards and Tim Swan. Please give them a big thanks the next time you see them.

The weather was HOT today and the winds were the usual switchy kind especially when you think they were holding steady. The winds surprised most of us, especially the pellet shooters.

AJ had a rough day but its always great to see his smiling face no matter what life throws at him.

We want to also welcome our first time N50 shooters, Lani and Tonda. Thanks for joining us and I hope you do come back.

Our next match is September 17.

N50.8.27 Scores.jpg

IMG_9236.jpg

IMG_9237.jpg

I wish there was a Meeker - “like”
Sportsman Club or similar N50 club near me. I think I am one of only two air rifle shooters from over 1,000 members at my range.

I tried to stimulate some N50 interest in both RF and Airgun, but most of the folks punch paper, shoot groups, or shoot steel.

In any case, I shot ‘three’ N50 cards with my Anschutz 64 MPR .22 LR last Friday.
I had a serious shot at a pair of 250’s but choked.

So, I live vicariously thru you guys. Happy Labor day!

IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_1689.jpeg

No one has shot a 250, in pellet class, at Meeker yet. A couple of us have shot 248-9‘s but that first 250 has eluded us. The factory and Pro class have posted 250s. I totally get your frustration.
Tim, a quick question. Is my Anschutz .22 LR considered factory or sportsman? I think it is Sportsman, but not sure.

No tuner, and just a standard barrel from Anschutz that came with the rifle.

We held our 10th N50 match of our outdoor season. Beautiful weather treated 17 shooters who came out to test their skills against the Meeker Sportsman’s Club notorious wind. Scores were certainly down today as the wind reared its ugly head. We want to thank our newest shooter Mike H. for driving all the way from IL to join us today. His trip was certainly worth it as he went home with a 1st place certificate in the pellet class.

We were also glad to see AJ join us again after remembering the bring a BOLT for his Tikka T1X ;)

IMG_9292.png
IMG_9290.jpeg
IMG_9289.jpeg
IMG_9288.jpeg
IMG_9287.jpeg
IMG_0913.png

We were blessed with gorgeous weather today for our 11th N50 match of our outdoor season. This was our midweek match which was originated by us old retired folks but we are also seeing a growing number of younger shooters joining us. Not saying anyone is playing hooky from work but some just have more flexible work situations than what we had decades ago. Todays workforce seems to be a lot more lenient which I see as a bonus in this new day and age.

Todays match saw a new person on top of the Factory Class podium and she was proud to shout out “Girl Power” and we were happy to see Diana’s hard work finally pay off. Paul Haubert also had a great day and it was good to see him improving his skills. AJ didn’t forget his bolt today and for that the winds gladly gave AJ a 3rd place podium finish.

Steve Schultz moved up to Sportsman Class and he gave Ray Davis some competition. This should be fun to watch in coming matches as they have a good competitive camaraderie between each other.

Pellet class had Tim Swan putting his factory sponsored Skout in third place, JR Schnipke edged Tim out with his Red Panda and some old curmudgeon squeaked his Thomas HPX into first place.

We thought we were going to have a very calm day … LOL … but wait, this is Meeker Sportsman Club says that sneaky old wind when it reared its ugly head midway into our first card and then laughed at us all the way to the end of the match. None the less we still had fun.

IMG_0919.png
IMG_9330.jpeg
IMG_9329.jpeg
IMG_9328.jpeg

We were blessed with gorgeous weather today for our 11th N50 match of our outdoor season. This was our midweek match which was originated by us old retired folks but we are also seeing a growing number of younger shooters joining us. Not saying anyone is playing hooky from work but some just have more flexible work situations than what we had decades ago. Todays workforce seems to be a lot more lenient which I see as a bonus in this new day and age.

Todays match saw a new person on top of the Factory Class podium and she was proud to shout out “Girl Power” and we were happy to see Diana’s hard work finally pay off. Paul Haubert also had a great day and it was good to see him improving his skills. AJ didn’t forget his bolt today and for that the winds gladly gave AJ a 3rd place podium finish.

Steve Schultz moved up to Sportsman Class and he gave Ray Davis some competition. This should be fun to watch in coming matches as they have a good competitive camaraderie between each other.

Pellet class had Tim Swan putting his factory sponsored Skout in third place, JR Schnipke edged Tim out with his Red Panda and some old curmudgeon squeaked his Thomas HPX into first place.

We thought we were going to have a very calm day … LOL … but wait, this is Meeker Sportsman Club says that sneaky old wind when it reared its ugly head midway into our first card and then laughed at us all the way to the end of the match. None the less we still had fun.

View attachment 496915View attachment 496916View attachment 496918View attachment 496917
Fine Shooting Tim
Congrats
you'll get that 250 soon!!

Reactions: tommyb