MERO Ballistic Program QUESTION

Good evening Edward, gents...

Here at last but they don't make it easy, do they? The confirmation emails went straight into the bin. Apparently my Mac thought they were spam and I only found them by accident.

Anyway, to business.

1) I'm the original author of the (sadly now defunct) ChairGun software but I'm not the original author of MERO. My long-time friend and associate George Conway (no, not that George Conway!) past away a year ago and I've taken on the development.

2) Windage can be viewed in several ways:

a) as a plot (with or without) an auxiliary table of deflection v. Range by selecting "Plots and Graphs" from the "Display" menu, right-clicking on the graph to raise the popup menu and selecting the top or middle items from the "Wind Drift..." sub menu.

b) on the "Scope Cap Label" display by right-clicking on the graph and selecting the "Label LHS" item and selecting the "Wind Drift" option

c) as b) but after selecting the "Range Card" display

d) from the "Visualisation" display (uses the Wind Speed and Wind Angle as set in the relevant data input textboxes. Remember to set the Inclination angle to zero!

Note that right-clicking on things is the gateway to many of the menus and features, etc.

All of this refers to the desktop MacOS, Linux and Windows MERO versions of course.
An Android version also exists but, apart from the totally unnecessary maintenance that Goggle inflicts on me with sickening regularity, I've yet to really get my head around that.

As Edward mentioned above, I'm really interested in the false positive (alleged) virus experiences of other users. Please let me know if you have a problem or if I can help.

Windows isn't my first (or even second) choice of O/S although I always test each new MERO iteration on WIN10(32/64bit), WIN11 and Ubuntu virtual machines on my Mac and I've never seen a problem before. Do any of you Windows enthusiasts/gurus know what I'm doing wrong (or right)?

ATB
Dave

Hi Dave, 😊

Your ChairGun Pro is still in active use on my cellphone and my Windows computer!

And I really appreciate you having taken on the responsibility from George Conway for MERO!
I had a few virtual exchanges with George, he must have been a remarkable man, in many senses. Very sad that he is gone.

You mention that keeping the Android version is difficult (the evil of the big bad machine with a capital G). I am sorry to hear that.
However, with Strelok being banned for so long now, MERO is a real alternative for many. I certainly use its many sub-programs several times a day (KECalc, PBRCalc, EasyBC, MaxRange, etc.).

Thank you for doing what you do. 👍🏼
Like I told George when I stumbled upon his wonderful program: I would be happy to contribute financially to the Android app if you decided to put a price to it. (When I insisted, George suggested a donation to a charity, which I was happy to do.)

Matthias

I checked the Google App Store and only the V1.2.4 is available, not the V2.3.6.
Oh well. I'll have to await an update.

mike
The Android - mobile - version is V1.2.4.
It's the desktop - Macos, Linux and Windows - version that's at V2.3.6.
Same name, similar basic utility but not interchangeable between platforms.
I still don't know what version of Android you've installed it on.
It's not impossible that Google will install MERO onto an Android version that's actually incapable of running it. :rolleyes:

ATB
Dave

Last edited: