Mice & Rats killing pistol suggestion please

Personally from what you have said I would suggest looking at a Crosman 2240 pistol or even a Beeman QB model rife. These can be had for around $100 and do function off 12gram CO2 cartridges that are convenient yet not as economical as break barrel or multi pump. A scope with red light that can be focused is the hot ticket at night for poor man's night vision. Bucket traps definitely work but personally I enjoy hunting the rats...keeps me out of trouble on a Friday night. Haha Something to look at would be a cheap driveway alarm you can pick up from Harbor Freight, this will alert you to any activity from the mice/rats and save you from having to sit and wait. Here is an article a good friend of mine wrote that may help with some ideas for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppadore
It is hard to beat a PP700 SA. Once you sort out any leaks, they are a joy shoot. I use two sights on mine. I mounted a red dot reflex sight on top and I mounted a laser on the left side of the shroud. The reflex sight is perfect for ranges over 25 ft. and with the wide field of view allows both hold over and hold under as required for rapid target acquisition, which is necessary for pesting. The laser is aliened dead parallel to the barrel and as mounted, it is a 1/2" left of barrel center. This is very helpful when your target is in a dark shadow and/or less than 25 ft. away. I have done a write-up on this setup. It is in the archives.

The PP700 SA is more than powerful enough. Mine shoots a 15 gr JSB at around 600 ft/sec. I get 40 shots per air fill. My regulator is set at 100 bar and I fill to 200 bar. It is single shot, but I load the pellet with a plastic tube loader and it is surprisingly quick to do. These pistols are only $250 as well.

Hi, I found the unique story of an American Chicken Farmer and businessman.
He's working so "1,2,3. . . Lastly:. Night Vision is the way to go, semi auto BB Gun in darkness" G. Lyfe of Lyfe farms
His annual chore is Herculean. Clean out the breeder coop.
Farmer Gabby Lyfe versus swarms of Mice YouTube
He has tested 20+ air guns to help clean the vermin and filth ( like bailing out the stinking wiggling brown tide )
His pistol reviews are practical and the extermination video is optional.
Mike

Last edited: