Umarex Mod potential of Notos?

Sounds like a good strategy. Im sure you have seen BuckRail's parts for the Notos, but in case you havent:

This was one of the first mods I planned lol.
As for the other individual, I agree with Stubbers point. The notos is well regarded and investment into it could only improve it. A better stock is one, the pennulem kit as well.

Everything could only make it even better, as its probably one of the best pcp budget guns made.

I kept my Notos to loan out to get people into the hobby, and for plinking with family. The one big drawback is the he trigger, it can be made better, but don’t expect a lot. It’s a good utility rifle, but I wouldn’t go crazy. I’d suggest working out the rough edges (pun intended) first if you want to do stuff. Get some fine files, sand paper, polish. That will occupy a lot of time. It also helps you learn the rifle inside and out. Get all the burrs and sharp tool marks removed. It will make a noticeable difference in the rifle. I do it eventually with all my Snowpeak rifles.
If you have eyes on a specific rifle and you want to make your Notos into that, I’d caution that endeavor. @Firewalker has done amazing things with his and he is very skilled.
#1 enjoy the rifle before you do anything
Is there ways to modify a notos into another rifle, as you say?

Finding videos has been dissapointing due to youtubes bs policies. Making it hard to people to learn and tinker, which frustrates me if I wanted to watch a how to and learn.

My notos comes next wednesday so I cannot wait. I nust hope my air pump comes in time as well

Is there ways to modify a notos into another rifle, as you say?

Finding videos has been dissapointing due to youtubes bs policies. Making it hard to people to learn and tinker, which frustrates me if I wanted to watch a how to and learn.

My notos comes next wednesday so I cannot wait. I nust hope my air pump comes in time as well
There are bottle conversions and FX barrel adapters. So you can get it to perform like a different rifle.

I had a PP700SA first, it’s a single shot. I still love that little carbine. I bought my Notos to fill its spot as a little carbine. The Notos does great with that purpose like the pp700. My issue is the Notos is just not one of my favorites. And it’s hard to compare to my PP700 if I am honest, because the PP700 was my only pcp for a couple years. I’m sure if the Notos was what I had and not the pp700 I would have the same feelings towards it. But when my Notos came along I had a P35 and Revere, so it just didn’t get the attention. And early this year I bought two CZ200’s, and I absolutely LOVE shooting those. And I started modifying it immediately. All things I did and take ownership of haha. But I need to spend some time with it here soon. It’s finally gotten some of my time and I am getting it tuned to let a friend borrow.

I have a grip that fits it properly and it’s good to go for pellets testing.

IMG_6194.jpeg

Reactions: EmersonWaved
There are bottle conversions and FX barrel adapters. So you can get it to perform like a different rifle.

I had a PP700SA first, it’s a single shot. I still love that little carbine. I bought my Notos to fill its spot as a little carbine. The Notos does great with that purpose like the pp700. My issue is the Notos is just not one of my favorites. And it’s hard to compare to my PP700 if I am honest, because the PP700 was my only pcp for a couple years. I’m sure if the Notos was what I had and not the pp700 I would have the same feelings towards it. But when my Notos came along I had a P35 and Revere, so it just didn’t get the attention. And early this year I bought two CZ200’s, and I absolutely LOVE shooting those. And I started modifying it immediately. All things I did and take ownership of haha. But I need to spend some time with it here soon. It’s finally gotten some of my time and I am getting it tuned to let a friend borrow.

I have a grip that fits it properly and it’s good to go for pellets testing.

View attachment 481293
How do these barrel adapters work if I may?

Im assuming you just swap the barrels out and maybe it changes caliber?

I havent gotten the airgun yet so unsure what aspect it may change. I have only reference images to hold me off until I pick it up

How do these barrel adapters work if I may?

Im assuming you just swap the barrels out and maybe it changes caliber?

I havent gotten the airgun yet so unsure what aspect it may change. I have only reference images to hold me off until I pick it up
Strange you ask this, I just found this video of someone doing a barrel change.

Does anyone have a step by step video or on line tutorial, for increasing the porting size on a Notos for increasing the FPS?
Im not concerned about shot count, and I prefer to maintain the OEM reservoir, and Im not wanting to convert to a bottle.
Id simply like to enlarge the ports, to increase the power.
We are fortunate to have a member that provides this service, however he is very busy at the moment, and to be honest, I believe I could probably perform this modification myself, if I had some claification.
Ive searched here, as well as Youtube, but Im not really finding any detailed information on the porting process.
Thanks in advance.

Haven't done so myself but I have heard you will need a drill press. And from the little information I found on doing so they increase it to 4mm or slightly larger.
I haven't really looked into it much, I don't plan on doing it. For me it isn't worth it, messing it up could potentially destroy the gun.
A 4.5mm port seems to be popular, with some people going even larger.
A 18 grain pellet @ 850 fps or greater, while maintaining the agility of the already lightweight, accurate, and inexpensive rifle, seems like a great idea to me.
Again, Im willing to sacrifice shot count, by keeping the oem reservoir, and I realize that most users are not.

My Notos just got back to the stock air cylinder that has a Huma reg fitted, and with the plenum kit from c88. It gives me 18 joules and 75 shots. I have 5 12-shot magazines from Carm and since I have to reload them after 60 shots, the air reservoir is sufficient.
With the Huben Cricket regulator the balance is just off and I never got it quite right on the Notos like on my PP750., which is a great gun with all the mods and a better trigger than the Notos. However, I like the Notos better this way:

1721583552814.jpeg

Now if only somebody developed an improved trigger for the Notos....

My Notos just got back to the stock air cylinder that has a Huma reg fitted, and with the plenum kit from c88. It gives me 18 joules and 75 shots. I have 5 12-shot magazines from Carm and since I have to reload them after 60 shots, the air reservoir is sufficient.
With the Huben Cricket regulator the balance is just off and I never got it quite right on the Notos like on my PP750., which is a great gun with all the mods and a better trigger than the Notos. However, I like the Notos better this way:

View attachment 481554

clean.

Reactions: Rain
Does anybody have any experience with this? Especially my son is very interested in this as it might yield unwanted flyers currently happening with his standard Notos barrel...
I use the FX barrel kit. You're going to need to get the corresponding STX liner too. It works well for me. Hades, JTS dead center 16.08, JSB/FX exacts 15.9. all sub .5" groups to 40. The best projectile for stock and FX kit I've found is the NSA .2175 17.5 G Single hole groups. The JTS and Hades will pull a quarter to third inch out to about 35. Then slightly open up. But well worth it.

I've modded my notos to hell and I take it out more than my dreamline or crown at the moment. 831fps with 15.9 pellets and 765.3 with the NSA slugs. I opt for the slugs. The pellet only has. Higher velocity to about 20y then the slug has massive Advantages... 18fpe to 80y. 23.5 at the muzzle the pellet about 24.5 at the muzzle Drops to 18 fpe at 30y
IMG_20240808_004922057~2.jpg

I use the FX barrel kit. You're going to need to get the corresponding STX liner too. It works well for me. Hades, JTS dead center 16.08, JSB/FX exacts 15.9. all sub .5" groups to 40. The best projectile for stock and FX kit I've found is the NSA .2175 17.5 G Single hole groups. The JTS and Hades will pull a quarter to third inch out to about 35. Then slightly open up. But well worth it.

I've modded my notos to hell and I take it out more than my dreamline or crown at the moment. 831fps with 15.9 pellets and 765.3 with the NSA slugs. I opt for the slugs. The pellet only has. Higher velocity to about 20y then the slug has massive Advantages... 18fpe to 80y. 23.5 at the muzzle the pellet about 24.5 at the muzzle Drops to 18 fpe at 30yView attachment 486688
haha i shoot the notos much more than my huben k1

I just swapped out drop blocks on my notos, switched from the Amazon Supewell drop block to a Huben Regulated drop block, now the bottle doesn't touch the moderator, now I'm dialing in the settings, too hot today to go outside, will dial it in maybe tomorrow.....
20240808_124039.jpg

20240808_124111.jpg

20240808_124142.jpg

had to shave off just a little bit to clock the block and tap it with a M16x1 tap

Last edited:
Reactions: phoenix_cow
I just swapped out drop blocks on my notos, switched from the Amazon Supewell drop block to a Huben Regulated drop block, now the bottle doesn't touch the moderator, now I'm dialing in the settings, too hot today to go outside, will dial it in maybe tomorrow.....View attachment 486794
View attachment 486795
View attachment 486797
had to shave off just a little bit to clock the block and tap it with a M16x1 tap
Same findings doing the same. Time being I just shaved a little off a cheap buckrail mod. Or if I drop to a 360cc or move up to a 500mm barrel that won't happen.

I sent some pellets thru the Chony and did some adjusting, max fps was 760, a little shy of what I was going for but it will work, it is shooting like a laser, I was picking off Carpenter Ants on the tree 25 yards away and just over 20fpe, it's good for Squirrels and any other small rodentia, also Invasive foul that may wander into my yard...... ;):eek::sneaky::giggle:

Reactions: mandn
I sent some pellets thru the Chony and did some adjusting, max fps was 760, a little shy of what I was going for but it will work, it is shooting like a laser, I was picking off Carpenter Ants on the tree 25 yards away and just over 20fpe, it's good for Squirrels and any other small rodentia, also Invasive foul that may wander into my yard...... ;):eek::sneaky::giggle:
Did you port? I see you're running at 1900.

When I just slapped on a 22 reg without the port + a plenum I was at 785 with 15.9s and 720 with slugs. When I ported at 1900 I was at 821 with 15.9s and 765 with slugs

Reactions: daddypaddy
Did you port? I see you're running at 1900.

When I just slapped on a 22 reg without the port + a plenum I was at 785 with 15.9s and 720 with slugs. When I ported at 1900 I was at 821 with 15.9s and 765 with slugs
No, I just left it alone for now, I might do some porting later but it's shooting so accurately right now I really don't want to mess with it.... it will take squirrels without an issue so I see no reason to increase the power, at least for now ;)
btw, I did try higher reg pressures and did run into valve lock issues above 2400psi, it seems at the pressure it's set at now it get's the best fps without valve lock and wasted air.

View attachment 481554

Where did you get the moderator/how did you remove it? I ordered a kit and am waiting but discovered I need to remove the old one

I love my notos and my only gripe is Id like a little more power so I can launch JSP Jumbo 18.1 gr pellets a little further. I use this primarily for hunting and it really likes heavier pellets for the first 20 or so shots

Reactions: Firewalker