Umarex Mod potential of Notos?

Where did you get the moderator/how did you remove it? I ordered a kit and am waiting but discovered I need to remove the old one

I love my notos and my only gripe is Id like a little more power so I can launch JSP Jumbo 18.1 gr pellets a little further. I use this primarily for hunting and it really likes heavier pellets for the first 20 or so shots

Had to remove my mod on mine. It is a very destructive and there is no getting it back on once off. As far as I'm aware, there is no clean/easy way to take it off.

There are 2 (if I remember right) metal clips that are molded into the mod that attaches it to the barrel. There is no access to these clips at all. You have to saw it off in one way or another, I used a reciprocating saw. Of course being very careful not to hit the barrel in the process.

Yeah, they really did not want you to remove it for some reason.

Reactions: EmersonWaved
The Notos is an econo-gun, agile, compact, light, small footprint, and super approachable price point....it's the Honda Civic and Ford Focus in the airgun world. 😁😆

Other than getting higher capacity magazines and quieter moderator insert to make it whisper quiet, i really don't see the point to spend more money or time to add any performance mods to this little gem. Right out of the box my Notos is cranking out over 750 FPS in the first 23 shots per refill with the cheap CPHP 14.3gr, didn't drop below 700 FPS until the 31st shot. This gem is great for backyard plinking and pesting within 25 yard as is :D

If I want higher shot count, more FPS and FPE, in a relatively compact size, I would have gone straight for the M60B or Zelos, i probably would at some point.

Where did you get the moderator/how did you remove it? I ordered a kit and am waiting but discovered I need to remove the old one

I love my notos and my only gripe is Id like a little more power so I can launch JSP Jumbo 18.1 gr pellets a little further. I use this primarily for hunting and it really likes heavier pellets for the first 20 or so shots
Removing the moderator has been described by others and yes it's not possible to keep it unscathed. My Notos has the C88machining kit and a Hogan Decimeater moderator. I could've gone with the 3d printed insert in the stock moderator but I detest the looks. The Hogan is a great match with the c88 kit and is very quiet and light.

Removing the moderator has been described by others and yes it's not possible to keep it unscathed. My Notos has the C88machining kit and a Hogan Decimeater moderator. I could've gone with the 3d printed insert in the stock moderator but I detest the looks. The Hogan is a great match with the c88 kit and is very quiet and light.
i wish i saw this before i bought the buck rails moderator. Oh well.

I discovered yes you must destroy the original, but also that there are clips you can remove that can indeed result in removing the moderator, but would still be impossible to reuse.

Waiting for my plenum kit and moderator in the mean time

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker

I offer moderator housing removals, recrowinng, barrel lapping/polishing and threading the barrel to 1/2X20 UNF.

I'm up to 13 barrel replacements due to owners attempting to remove the moderator housing.

Use a lathe, cut exactly 5.5" back from the front until you see the tops of the c-clips.

Do not hammer or use heat, I'm sure many a bold lad has been successful doing this but I have yet to damage a barrel using a lathe.

I will disagree with that statement, I've tapped and installed threaded inserts into a hundred pulled Notos moderators.

20240628_171515.jpg

i wish i saw this before i bought the buck rails moderator. Oh well.

I discovered yes you must destroy the original, but also that there are clips you can remove that can indeed result in removing the moderator, but would still be impossible to reuse.

Waiting for my plenum kit and moderator in the mean time

Not so.

20240722_203213.jpg

My Notos just got back to the stock air cylinder that has a Huma reg fitted, and with the plenum kit from c88. It gives me 18 joules and 75 shots. I have 5 12-shot magazines from Carm and since I have to reload them after 60 shots, the air reservoir is sufficient.
With the Huben Cricket regulator the balance is just off and I never got it quite right on the Notos like on my PP750., which is a great gun with all the mods and a better trigger than the Notos. However, I like the Notos better this way:

View attachment 481554

Now if only somebody developed an improved trigger for the Notos....
Where can a fella find a find a fancy cocking lever kit ? Its perty ...

I will disagree with that statement, I've tapped and installed threaded inserts into a hundred pulled Notos moderators.

View attachment 495399
You know what I mean with unscathed right? You still had to cut them free from the retaining rings. Yes, if you're careful you can use the remaining part of the moderator but I didn't bother keeping mine. It doesn't look so good with the printed moderator.

The Notos looks like an excellent piece to mod. Cheap enough if ruined, so what. Parts support from Umarex to return to OE, probably near zero.

I have modded everything I have ever owned since childhood be it a watch or a bicycle, motorcycle, car or gun or anything else. As far as resell, once I purchase a gun (PB) it is with me until death part us. Airguns, I do not buy them with intent to flip. I have spent enough on M-Rods to buy an M4 or Ghost and I do not care because I would have spent and will spend even more on them (when) I decide to make the jump. And I will not sell my four M-Rods or two Urbans to accomplish that. I do not sell one PB to buy another, frankly, I cannot even believe a fellow would do such a thing. If I liked it enough to buy it, then I will always like it enough not to sell it and it can sit in the safe until it is new to me again. Selling guns, hmmmph, no way.

Exceptions, the two I got rid of, the Avenger and the Gauntlet, well, they were so junky and replete with stinkyosity that I could not have them in my house. The other I sold, turned into such a fiasco, I may never, ever sell another air rifle no matter how much I dislike it. Anything is possible I guess.

Saying all that, modding a gun or whatever is an end ot itself, a learning exercise sometimes or just a means to get something nobody else has exactly like yours. We are each unique and ephemeral and while I am still organized matter, I plan for my guns to be equally unique organized matter.

...Exceptions, the two I got rid of, the Avenger and the Gauntlet, well, they were so junky and replete with stinkyosity that I could not have them in my house. The other I sold, turned into such a fiasco, I may never, ever sell another air rifle no matter how much I dislike it. Anything is possible I guess...

We are tracking, 3crows.

I got rid of my avenger within a few days of owning it, the cast receiver was awful and the plastic covering the 'value engineering' was the last nail

The Gauntlet was my first PCP, bought from a trusted source, I opened the box and my heart fell. Heavier than my 48" 45-70, the worst bolt to try to pull back, horrible finish work, proprietary bottle, I stripped it down to parts and there it sat for many years until I boxed it up and gave it away at my expense.

• Love
Reactions: 3Crows
Do tell ...

Found my shopping list again:

• FX 20398 Sidelever for FX Maverick, Wildcat MK3, FX Crown and FX streamline
  • FX 19611 Crown, Impact, Wildcat, Maverick Charging System Handle
  • FX 19682 Socket head cap screw M3x16
and I needed a slightly bigger retaining pin in the handle because the original pin got a bit too much room and was close to falling out. The new pin is a 3mm/8mm, which can be bought for next to nothing on Aliexpress. Might not be needed if you use a smaller drill bit.

1726265905281.jpeg