• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Moderator for Huben GK-1

Just bought a Huben GK-1 , and looking around for an unobtrusive, low profile Suppressor / Moderator ( this part has so many names now) .

Thanks......
Plink,

If you are going to carry it as a pistol, that is holstered... I've seen that Huma and Donny FL and possibly others have quick detach suppressors. By using one of these you could actually carry it in a holster and attach the suppressor when going to shoot. I would look to others reviews as to whether these stay tight and aligned though. If setting it up as a carbine or not carrying it in a holster this point is probably moot.

Silencers, suppressors & moderators; I've got several suppressors for my cartridge guns... on the suppressor forums you would get keyboard slammed for calling them a silencer. Reason being, for cartridge guns at least they seldom silence (like in the movies - particularly centerfire guns) but only suppress the muzzle blast. It was felt that this played into the ding-a-lings that wanted them completely outlawed. The term moderator I believe comes from across the pond, blame the Brit's.

Jerry

Plink,

If you are going to carry it as a pistol, that is holstered... I've seen that Huma and Donny FL and possibly others have quick detach suppressors. By using one of these you could actually carry it in a holster and attach the suppressor when going to shoot. I would look to others reviews as to whether these stay tight and aligned though. If setting it up as a carbine or not carrying it in a holster this point is probably moot.

Silencers, suppressors & moderators; I've got several suppressors for my cartridge guns... on the suppressor forums you would get keyboard slammed for calling them a silencer. Reason being, for cartridge guns at least they seldom silence (like in the movies - particularly centerfire guns) but only suppress the muzzle blast. It was felt that this played into the ding-a-lings that wanted them completely outlawed. The term moderator I believe comes from across the pond, blame the Brit's.

Jerry
Hey Jerry ; Thank you for your reply. Suppressor seems like an accurate and unpretentious name for it ,and works for me. I plan to just shoot it here on the property , so a quick connect , while desirable ....is not necessary for me .there might be retro / after market quick disconnect adapter available maybe for any Suppressor if one were to want one bad enough I'm guessing. the TKO seems to be a generic brand providing unbranded parts to the mass builders . Just wondering if anyone thinks they're junk, I DO like the price.

Funny !
Suppressor, muffler, buffer, canceler, noise blocker, attenuator, silencer, acoustical controller, sound absorber.
ALL of the above are accurate ! Moderator...not so much.

Hmm, I just thought of trying something. Would be a one time experiment though. The material is an automotive material, DynaMat. once installer, it'll never come out.

Mike

Plink -
There's a big / long thread about your very...question over in the "pistol" section !

Funny !
Suppressor, muffler, buffer, canceler, noise blocker, attenuator, silencer, acoustical controller, sound absorber.
ALL of the above are accurate ! Moderator...not so much.

Hmm, I just thought of trying something. Would be a one time experiment though. The material is an automotive material, DynaMat. once installer, it'll never come out.

Mike

Plink -
There's a big / long thread about your very...question over in the "pistol" section !
Thanks Mike....didn't see it. I'll check it out !

I use a small 3D printed suppressor that is really quite effective! It is only 3" long and .25mm in diameter, so it's easy to holster and you retain the use of the iron sights. It's not as quiet as some of the larger variety, but it's definitely backyard friendly!

IMG_3164.jpg

Really depends on what velocity you want to shoot at. I use these, these are 3D printed, the smaller one (2.75”) works great @ 700fps or less and the larger one (6.5” OVAL) works well over 800fps. These were designed by member ”Subscriber” and printed by member “ Torquemaster “ both are extremely effective and affordable. They allow the iron sights to be used. They are designed to handle 80fpe. I haven’t blown one up yet. Mine are all Version 1 the more current ones now have more chamber area on the bottom to close the gap between the air tube. *** the short one pictured has a foam insert that I used to cover the gap, it makes it more pleasing to the eye.***

IMG_1205.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

I'm shooting my .25 GK1 in the 40 fpe range. Depending on how much sound reduction you are looking for there are some nice options out there.

For low profile the Huggett Belitta does a decent job or lowering the noise output. But an Impulse Air 1350 tested at about 6 dB less than the Belitta. It's a more pricy mod but does a very good job on the unshrouded GK1 barrel.

Really depends on what velocity you want to shoot at. I use these, these are 3D printed, the smaller one (2.75”) works great @ 700fps or less and the larger one (6.5” OVAL) works well over 800fps. These were designed by member ”Subscriber” and printed by member “ Torquemaster “ both are extremely effective and affordable. They allow the iron sights to be used. They are designed to handle 80fpe. I haven’t blown one up yet. Mine are all Version 1 the more current ones now have more chamber area on the bottom to close the gap between the air tube. *** the short one pictured has a foam insert that I used to cover the gap, it makes it more pleasing to the eye.***

View attachment 464915

View attachment 464916
i also use Subscriber's /Torqmaster 6 1/4 on my GK1 , It allowed me to mount one of my Discovery 4x12x44 ffp side focus scopes, i did not have clearance with my DFL's & Oldspook's, & i am Very happy with it, i quiets it down a lot , my shop is 1 block from downtown , & i have not had any complaint's yet..

Reactions: IMADMAN
Just bought a Huben GK-1 , and looking around for an unobtrusive, low profile Suppressor / Moderator ( this part has so many names now) .Any opinions on the TKO .25 moderator.?

Thanks......
I think this one of the best upgrades I have purchased and way better priced than conventional moderators; I got "Subscribers" designed and printed by "Torquemaster". I purchased the 2.75, the 4.5 and the 6.5, but found that I pretty much just leave the 2.75" shorty and it works great! My GK1 .25 is tuned for about 810 FPS and I have shot over 2000 rounds with no issues. I would get the 2.75" and maybe the 6.5" if you live with nosey close neighbors, but I find the 2.75" does a good enough job and keeps the pistol more compact.

gk1 testing.jpg

GK1 carbine folded.jpg

I think this one of the best upgrades I have purchased and way better priced than conventional moderators; I got "Subscribers" designed and printed by "Torquemaster". I purchased the 2.75, the 4.5 and the 6.5, but found that I pretty much just leave the 2.75" shorty and it works great! My GK1 .25 is tuned for about 810 FPS and I have shot over 2000 rounds with no issues. I would get the 2.75" and maybe the 6.5" if you live with nosey close neighbors, but I find the 2.75" does a good enough job and keeps the pistol more compact.

View attachment 465066

View attachment 465067
Thank you ! nice looking setup there.