• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Moderator for RAW HM1000x in .22cal

Impulse Air IA-1200 has shown the ability to reduce group sizes and is also quiet. Also made in the USA.
.22 RAW HM1000X.jpg
.22 RAW HM1000X 2.jpg

Well, the answer is "it depends". If your RAW came with an integral silencer, the best solution is to contact Airguns USA, and Martin can remove it and the carbon fiber sleeve, then install a new carbon fiber sleeve that is longer and a 1/2"-20 threaded adapter for the end of the barrel that will allow you to attach any moderator with 1/2"-20 threads. If your RAW came with the 1/2"-20 threaded adapter on the barrel, then of course you can just unscrew the existing moderator and use any other moderator with that thread.
You can also contact Aiforce/RAW and ask them if they will do this change for you.
You could do this all yourself, but you'll need to contact Airforce/RAW and order the thread adapter but the carbon fiber sleeve is short and will leave a portion of the steel barrel exposed, which is not a problem except for aesthetics.
You have a few choices here.

Well, the answer is "it depends". If your RAW came with an integral silencer, the best solution is to contact Airguns USA, and Martin can remove it and the carbon fiber sleeve, then install a new carbon fiber sleeve that is longer and a 1/2"-20 threaded adapter for the end of the barrel that will allow you to attach any moderator with 1/2"-20 threads. If your RAW came with the 1/2"-20 threaded adapter on the barrel, then of course you can just unscrew the existing moderator and use any other moderator with that thread.
You can also contact Aiforce/RAW and ask them if they will do this change for you.
You could do this all yourself, but you'll need to contact Airforce/RAW and order the thread adapter but the carbon fiber sleeve is short and will leave a portion of the steel barrel exposed, which is not a problem except for aesthetics.
You have a few choices here.
Outstanding. I just spoke with Martin for price and turnaround time, and will be sending the barrel out tomorrow. I'm sure he's as grateful for the referral as I am.

Love this setup. I assume it’s your field target guns. I have a .177 RAW that I’m setting up what scopes are you using?
It's an Athlon ARES BTR II 2.5-15x50. It's a nice scope, but not worth the current prices. The build quality is superb, but the optical quality is only good. Ranging is about the same as most other scopes at 15/16X. I have the ARES BTR II 4.5-27x50 on my .22cal RAW. Same build quality, but even worse optical quality - avoid this scope.

Reactions: Welldone
It's an Athlon ARES BTR II 2.5-15x50. It's a nice scope, but not worth the current prices. The build quality is superb, but the optical quality is only good. Ranging is about the same as most other scopes at 15/16X. I have the ARES BTR II 4.5-27x50 on my .22cal RAW. Same build quality, but even worse optical quality - avoid this scope.
Not a big fan of the BTR Gen 1 or 2, but the Ares ETR line is fantastic.

Reactions: Gear_Junkie