moderators for beeman P11 and HW 45

there was someone in the UK that was do an system for the HW45 but you had to send him the cocking handle for machining and for the life of me I can't find the information

but it was a while ago, years maybe

here is a page of pictures and post and there seem to be several people mentioning that the barrel is not parallel with the top of the cocking handle

https://www.google.com/search?q=weihrauch+model+HW45+silencer+adapter&safe=off&sa=X&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS644US645&biw=1352&bih=589&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=LqQ1l1vsg7jCZM%253A%252CCyuGEJjkmw6P0M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRfTxkK07JxjKBxdeJLR0hq2hyBiA&ved=2ahUKEwjb1ZOk1Y_kAhUP7J4KHaPKDLIQ9QEwDHoECAgQCQ#imgrc=3ES_D4n-sFpb7M:&spf=1566243050655&vet=1

so could it be done, I guess but the adapter would have to be inline with the barrels center, above my pay grade

I would have to see if the barrel is not parallel first but the ability to thread the front and add a adapter could be done

Krale sells a 1/2-20 to 1/2-20 both side male which would be what I would use as a premade adapter

but the gun is going to need to be take part and a fixture made to enlarge the front and thread and the chances of screwing it up the first time are great

T.W. Chambers sells the cocking handle for about 52 pounds or 63+ bucks plus shipping = about 75 bucks and that is where i would start if you what a project

but as stated in something I read today, the mechanical noise is still there and several thought it was a bad look

so if you look at parts, tools and other things it could be 150 to 200 bucks to get it done but a project It is

i'll keep looking 

the front of the frame has a 3/8 hole but as you take a rod of that size and insert it, it only goes in say 3/4 inch but it is way deeper the that so the hole is tapered

so after some thought you need some 3/8 tubing thick enough to taper and insert full length and that will be only for the next test

tube in place a cleaning rod has to inserted in the barrel and see were it lines up in the tapered tubed you made, if centered you can proceed to buy a 10mm adapter still needing .5mm of shimming and how after all of this you get no clipping remember it is R&D work

and how will you secure that tapered tube you made, Epoxy or set screw somewhere

the 10mm adapter can be found on Ebay for 25 buck, I get my adapters from the Polish seller 14 to 20 days to the west coast

there how I see it from a short look at the question turned project

is all of this worth it, maybe but some times I find the projects journey the fun part

good luck and take care

mike

I did figure out where I saw who was do the cocking handle work for the LDC adapter and it was Magic Nine Design but he has cut off all shipping to the States because we over here litigate way too much, go figure

Donny in Florida could make some if he had the notion to but maybe not without each cocking handle in hand to machine and fit

so with that thought it could be pricey

I have given some more thought but that is about it

the unknown part of the question that the barrel is not centered in the exit hole has me wondering if a person without a lathe and mill could do the job

I myself have a drill press but I don't know

1566540980_3953617715d5f84b42f2b77.70265297_093BA6D0-3E24-44AE-BDC4-6D72FFF60DC0.jpeg
1566540980_4531694665d5f84b4eb80a0.41569601_0A4B439D-3AC8-4517-8722-8690735998F4.jpeg
To be honest…...

This classic gun with a moderator.......? I do not like the look. And another note - noice reduction for a springer is very limited. Why not just enjoy the look, the bark and the distinct recoil which is this pistol’s trademark.

I ordered some 10mm carbon fiber tubing the HW75 front hole is 9.40mm and not tapered like the HW 45, so that will be easy to size and I have 10mm 1/2-20 slip on adapter already so in 20 days I will see what is what

the hole is 30mm deep, make a friction fit and see if I will clip an LDC or shoot through

as project go easy R&D

Most excellent - make two and sell me one!