• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Moderators?

What do you guys look for when choosing a moderator? Weight? Looks? Brands? Ect. Here are a few of mine! I really enjoy the looks of the Huggets but I love how quiet the Donny FL Moderators are!

What do you guys use?
0618241832.jpg

Honestly I prefer function over form. I like the quietest mod for the application. I like Huggets a lot - I find they work really well on barrels which are already shrouded. I also like the Huma Mod.30 a lot in .177 and .22 applications. I recently picked up an impulse Air 1350 and it does really well on my GK1 @ 40 fpe, but on a shrouded barrel it doesn’t do much at all. The EdGun Behemoth (which may be a Huma Mod.50 in disguise) does a great job, but it’s chunky. The STO (Silent Thunder Ordinance) Falx hi-flow does a great job on higher power setups with unshrouded barrels.

0db, DonnyFL and Hugget are my go-to brands. I prefer the more compact moderators for the type of hunting that I mostly do, so efficiency is important to me. Lately, after lots of sound testing with a proper microphone setup instead of just a cheap db meter (which are ineffective, IMO) I’ve found that the 0db moderators are the most quiet on my guns when compared to other mods of similar size. But YMMV.

Reactions: John223
If you can get a Niel Clague, do it. Hands down better than any Donny I have had.

If you come across a weihrauch moderator, grab one of those too. I have one that came with a rifle I purchased, and it is super quiet.
I needed a mod for a Sumatra (10mmX1 thread) he was near instant in turning one out and the construction and sound are awesome.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein