RTI Mora .357 issues

I recently received an RTI Mora .357 sniper that I had ordered. First impressions, it’s a beautiful gun, feels great in the hands, very light and smooth cocking and great trigger, also very quiet. Out of the box from Talon Tunes it was shooting 100gr zan slugs at around 215 fpe.

Issues I am having: pellets and slugs are clipping inside of the air stripper in the shroud, throwing accuracy way off. I have tried 3 different weighted Zan slugs, 2 different weights of NSA slugs, some home cast slugs and JSB pellets. I opened up the air stripper a little which helped accuracy without the provided hush 50 silencer attached, but now clips with the silencer attached. I’ve spent some time shooting without the silencer. When I go to air up the gun and then return to shooting, the point of impact changes and I have to zero it again, this happens everytime. During one of my shooting sessions, the shroud base that clamps to the barrel blew back and I got blasted with air. Now the trigger is slowly moving further and further back into the handle. Currently have about 400 rounds shot through it. The gun did not come with the cheek rest or a user manual which I have read others complain about as well. Not exactly what I expected from a gun in this price range, but they are a new release and I guess there will be bugs to work out. Currently working with Talon Tunes to see what we do from here.

Just wanted to share my findings and see what others might be experiencing.

IMG_1027.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_1031.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently received an RTI Mora .357 sniper that I had ordered. First impressions, it’s a beautiful gun, feels great in the hands, very light and smooth cocking and great trigger, also very quiet. Out of the box from Talon Tunes it was shooting 100gr zan slugs at around 215 fpe.

Issues I am having: pellets and slugs are clipping inside of the air stripper in the shroud, throwing accuracy way off. I have tried 3 different weighted Zan slugs, 2 different weights of NSA slugs, some home cast slugs and JSB pellets. I opened up the air stripper a little which helped accuracy without the provided hush 50 silencer attached, but now clips with the silencer attached. I’ve spent some time shooting without the silencer. When I go to air up the gun and then return to shooting, the point of impact changes and I have to zero it again, this happens everytime. During one of my shooting sessions, the shroud base that clamps to the barrel blew back and I got blasted with air. Now the trigger is slowly moving further and further back into the handle. Currently have about 400 rounds shot through it. The gun did not come with the cheek rest or a user manual which I have read others complain about as well. Not exactly what I expected from a gun in this price range, but they are a new release and I guess there will be bugs to work out. Currently working with Talon Tunes to see what we do from here.

Just wanted to share my findings and see what others might be experiencing.

View attachment 496137

View attachment 496138

View attachment 496139View attachment 496141
Contact Tony

Reactions: Scotay42
Tried to shoot a little more and the trigger went dead. The linkage became disconnected from the trigger assembly. Now it’s got an air leak somewhere in the receiver. I’ve never had so many issues out of an airgun, have only had it 4 days. I hope that mine was just a fluke and that nobody else has these issues with theirs.

• Wow
Reactions: Dairyboy
Tried to shoot a little more and the trigger went dead. The linkage became disconnected from the trigger assembly. Now it’s got an air leak somewhere in the receiver. I’ve never had so many issues out of an airgun, have only had it 4 days. I hope that mine was just a fluke and that nobody else has these issues with theirs.
That's a lot of money for a lot of problems.
Send it back.

Tony at Talon Tunes is taking it back and I’m going to decide what to get from there. I also bought a Uragan 2 compact .22 from him at the same time and I love it, my first AGT gun. Debating getting another Uragan 2 or a Vulcan 3 in .30. Dealing with Tony has been great and I have nothing but good to say about him

Reactions: Dairyboy
Tony at Talon Tunes is taking it back and I’m going to decide what to get from there. I also bought a Uragan 2 compact .22 from him at the same time and I love it, my first AGT gun. Debating getting another Uragan 2 or a Vulcan 3 in .30. Dealing with Tony has been great and I have nothing but good to say about him
Buy a Vulcan 3 700 mm HP in .30 Cal !!!

That's my next PCP !!

• Love
Reactions: rangur1
Sorry to hear you are facing issues on a new rifle. Even though we do shoot each gun at 35 yards and we leave them over night (usually more) to check for leaks, such things can still happen. That is why we think after sales support is very important. We heard you already got in contact with Tony from TalonTunes.

Sorry to hear you are facing issues on a new rifle. Even though we do shoot each gun at 35 yards and we leave them over night (usually more) to check for leaks, such things can still happen. That is why we think after sales support is very important. We heard you already got in contact with Tony from TalonTunes.
Yes I did. It can be an awesome gun if the bugs are worked out, though I’m hoping mine was just a fluke. The clipping issue started off from the beginning, but it was just enough to make it seems like I was having random flyers, but got worse. Cleaned the barrel and it would do ok again for a mag or so and get worse again. The other issues weren’t apparent until after 400+ rounds through it, minus the shroud base blowback. It does seem like this one slipped through the cracks on quality control as there was a lot of loose items (shroud base clamp, the barrel tensioning nut at the front of the rifle just behind the shroud base, trigger linkage and the upper receiver bolts). The other complaint is not coming with the cheek piece that all the pictures suggests it has and no user manual. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and comment on it.

What’s your thought on the POI issue. That sounds more concerning with the platform.

Purchased Vulcan 3 and Uragan 2 .30 700mm a few months apart, about a year back. With similar power, shooting side-by-side, prefer U2. Balanced valve technology makes less ammo fussy, smoother action and quieter operation. WM

What’s your thought on the POI issue. That sounds more concerning with the platform.
I can’t say for sure on mine since I can no longer shoot it, but I’m wondering if it was the tensioning nut behind the shroud base. There looks to be a gromet inside of it that when you tighten the nut down, it applies tension, holding it to the front of the rail. I would guess with mine being loose it allows the barrel to wiggle all the way back to the chamber like FX guns would

Purchased Vulcan 3 and Uragan 2 .30 700mm a few months apart, about a year back. With similar power, shooting side-by-side, prefer U2. Balanced valve technology makes less ammo fussy, smoother action and quieter operation. WM
Thanks for the info on that. They seem very similar, Vulcan looks to produce more power. I’ve had a lot of FX guns and am liking the idea of a rifle I don’t have to fiddle with tuning wise, just pick it up and shoot it. The Vulcan 3 truck gun .30 and peaked my interest

Reactions: JaceSpace1369