Most reliable Big Bore?? Long Term Use

How much did you pay for your Extreme? AEA has been promoting their PCP airguns for years; are there any legal actions against them? If they were of poor quality, there would likely be some lawsuits by now. My .357 is as reliable as your $2,000 PCP. A recent comparison between the .357 PCP and the Extreme Big Bore revealed only a 17 FPE difference, yet mine was $600. An alternative could have been the AirForce Texan in .45 cal, which offers 500 FPE. Below, 1, 2, and 4 are from a 357 Extreme Big Bore, followed by an AEA 357 side lever. I will not spend 2grand on any PCP when I can buy a Mark V Weatherby for that same price. “Criticism is the best form of flattery.” Thank you.

View attachment 496237

View attachment 496238
I paid 830$ shipped for my extreme .457 you get what you pay for.... those extremes and xps and pbba and the haleys and scandalous guns are way more reliable and will last way longer than that. And I know the extreme .357 does way more than just 340 fpe not sure where you get your numbers.... I've seen several extreme big bores in .357 cal doing over 400 fpe..... my buddy john bowman that builds the scandalous big bores built a .257 that does 260 fpe and a .308 that does 450 fpe and even built a 10 gauge air shotgun that can use helumin too and has killed a lot of turkeys with it. Hell I've hardly seen anybody hunting with the aea guns.... i guess they leak too much to take them out on a hunting trip.

AEA hate is real up in here. Listen we all know that AEA can't make a semi-auto to save their lives, but they're regular having to cock it after every shot big boars are good. I had the 50 cal bullpup and it was good. I never had a problem with it. I would still have it if I didn't get the Western rattler 357 and the Seneca double shot, on top of getting my Benjamin bulldog back from my dad, I just couldn't justify having that many guns for the same purpose. The magazines and their semi-auto system sucks in my opinion, I had nothing but jams and magazines breaking, but they're big bores are good for the money.
I bet there's a reason you never see them using heluim in them too.

I paid 830$ shipped for my extreme .457 you get what you pay for.... those extremes and xps and pbba and the haleys and scandalous guns are way more reliable and will last way longer than that. And I know the extreme .357 does way more than just 340 fpe not sure where you get your numbers.... I've seen several extreme big bores in .357 cal doing over 400 fpe..... my buddy john bowman that builds the scandalous big bores built a .257 that does 260 fpe and a .308 that does 450 fpe and even built a 10 gauge air shotgun that can use helumin too and has killed a lot of turkeys with it. Hell I've hardly seen anybody hunting with the aea guns.... i guess they leak too much to take them out on a hunting trip.
Those number are from an owner of a Extreme big bore 357 with A 214 gr.

Ranger .45​

Air Rifle - A very powerful, versatile caliber for medium to large game.​

$1650.00 + shipping
We now offer two 45 caliber options: .452 or .457.

The orginal .452 caliber was chosen because of the wide variety of bullets made to fit a .452 (45 Long Colt). The standard barrel length is 28" with optional length up to 36"+. Air tubes are made to match barrel length. Can be ordered as a carbine (shorter action) but has the same base price. The prices you're referencing are from nine years ago. How much have they improved since then? Perhaps 5 or maybe 10 percent. The Extreme Big Bore top PCP pales in comparison to the AEA MCAR 45 CAL and Zeus. You should check out YouTube for videos on hunting with AEA PCP. It's not advisable to compare the number of hunters using AEA with those using Extreme. Remember, you're comparing custom-made to non-custom. If I'm going to spend that much, I would buy another WETHERBY .300 4000 fpe and last 2 life times if not more. I grow tired of this, i say Farwell.

• Haha
Reactions: anonymous_.457
Those number are from an owner of a Extreme big bore 357 with A 214 gr.

Ranger .45​

Air Rifle - A very powerful, versatile caliber for medium to large game.​

$1650.00 + shipping
We now offer two 45 caliber options: .452 or .457.

The orginal .452 caliber was chosen because of the wide variety of bullets made to fit a .452 (45 Long Colt). The standard barrel length is 28" with optional length up to 36"+. Air tubes are made to match barrel length. Can be ordered as a carbine (shorter action) but has the same base price. The prices you're referencing are from nine years ago. How much have they improved since then? Perhaps 5 or maybe 10 percent. The Extreme Big Bore top PCP pales in comparison to the AEA MCAR 45 CAL and Zeus. You should check out YouTube for videos on hunting with AEA PCP. It's not advisable to compare the number of hunters using AEA with those using Extreme. Remember, you're comparing custom-made to non-custom. If I'm going to spend that much, I would buy another WETHERBY .300 4000 fpe and last 2 life times if not more. I grow tired of this, i say Farwell.
The prices are the same.... I just talked to Dan mcvey yesterday.

Yes Conner Holifield, we know your a pbba fan boy! Rifles that were built while you were still learning to not to pick your nose and eat it doesn't mean they're better. Just that they're built well. wellJust they are built well.

I'm just telling it like it is! And if they left, it's because of toxic know nothing posers like you! And if you're a minor why are you buying and selling in the classifieds? Don't you have to be 18 to do that? You come at people like a man, be prepared to be called out like one. "I'm a MINOR " waaa waaa waaa.
Doesn't matter if I bought plenty of used big bores and they know how old I am... they want money.... not age.... and I have plenty of money.... I'll talk with you later gotta go buy a extreme big bore .308

Yes Conner Holifield…

I'm just telling it like it is! And if they left, it's because of toxic know nothing posers like you! And if you're a minor why are you buying and selling in the classifieds? Don't you have to be 18 to do that? You come at people like a man, be prepared to be called out like one. "I'm a MINOR " waaa waaa waaa.
This is a damned good question.

It is a good thread and becomes more reliable source of information the longer it exists..I have gained a wealth of knowledge on what big bores work and which ones break more often..I"m know comfortable working on my Texan...Finally getting used to high pressure air.. It has defenitely been a steep learning curve..Thanks to the helpful input from everyone..

I’m having a Taurus built by Brian at Veradium Air. I’ve heard nothing but positive from owners of this gun. I hear they are very reliable and extremely accurate. Link to the gun below.
Taurus .357
I've had the "baby brother " or "Taurus lite" the Veradium Air Bulldozer for 5ish years now, and I hunt predator with it pretty much every weekend. I'm getting around 950fps ( depending on where I'm at on the bell) with 145gr slugs and 2 inch groups at 100yds. The gun is capable of better groups but my old eyes aren't.
It's been dependable so far. The gage started leaking through the atmosphere hole and I had to replace the foster fill because it was stuck. But as a whole it's been very solid and a great performer.

A few points to understand about this issue:

#1 Review of the AGN rules DOES show an age requirement of 18 years of age for the classified section.

#2 When a member is out-of-bounds, report the issue and link to the specific post. Character assassination is not an AGN value, what happens on OTHER sites and through message programs is NOT enforceable in the Airgun Nation forum.

#3 You are required to agree to the same rules as everyone else on AGN. Do not be goaded into breaking the AGN rules by anyone else's behavior. You and only you are responsible for what YOU post.

#4 AGN provides the tools to Ignore those other members that get under your skin. Please use the tools provided.

#5 Starting a thread to bash the character of another member is in poor taste and could be taken as a violation of Rule #1. Post about Airguns and Air Powered Shooting Sports, leave the gossip to other platforms.

#7 You are always welcome to reach out to the Moderator staff if any of the preceding is not clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
A few points to understand about this issue:

#1 Review of the AGN rules does not show any age requirement for participation in general discussion or the classified section.

#2 When a member is out-of-bounds, report the issue and link to the specific post. Character assassination is not an AGN value, what happens on OTHER sites and through message programs is NOT enforceable in the Airgun Nation forum.

#3 You are required to agree to the same rules as everyone else on AGN. Do not be goaded into breaking the AGN rules by anyone else's behavior. You and only you are responsible for what YOU post.

#4 AGN provides the tools to Ignore those other members that get under your skin. Please use the tools provided.

#5 Starting a thread to bash the character of another member is in poor taste and could be taken as a violation of Rule #1. Post about Airguns and Air Powered Shooting Sports, leave the gossip to other platforms.

#7 You are always welcome to reach out to the Moderator staff if any of the preceding is not clear.
@Moderator3 #1 I just took this screen shot and it appears that it does show an age requirement to participate in the "classifieds" forum seen here in the rules https://www.airgunnation.com/help/classifieds-rules/

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 8.46.33 PM.png

Did this rule change recently?

Reactions: Moderator3
@Moderator3 Thanks of the clarification. The age issue is my largest issue in all of this. I'd hate to see our forum privileges thrawted by some non-sense and voluntary flouting of the rules that keep things functioning as we've grown accustomed to. Especially since there are some legal implications involved. We see weirdos come and go. We know how to deal with them. Thank you for helping to keep our forums functioning in a way that makes it hospitable to most members and visitors despite our gripes and bickering.