Mounted Camera curiosity?

scopecam mounts, they attach to,and look through your scope.
there are quite a few out there these days.

12/13 years ago when i started filming through the scope there were only crude mounts that would hold a standard digital camera.

now there are more user friendly options,
love my sideshot scopecam mount.

Screenshot_20240721_135139_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
only crude mounts
I still have my Deben mount, also some times i put it on my mirror telescope and then put on my Nikon,
I just keep forgetting to save the damn photos i take like that.

I think today, the side mounted cameras still require to be fitted with a aftermarket lens to have more reticle in the frame VS having a little round feed.
So the camera mount + one of the firefly or old gopro cameras + a lens for it,,,, still a investment.

I wish there was a lens arrangement in the mount so you did not have to tear into your nice action camera, i have just gotten the insta360 ace pro, which do nice 4K in 120 FPS, hell it can even do 8K / 30 FPS recording if you can be without a few bells and whistles.

yep,i have one of those too hahaha

as for lenses/cameras,

i use the sideshot phone mount,
so nothing extra (lenses/camera) is needed.

takes some careful adjustment the first time you set it up,
but after that i just slide my phone in and go.

and its soooooooooooo much better being able to hold the gun normally with my eye up to the scope,
instead of held out at arms length so my aging eyes can see the camera screen hahahahaha

Last edited:
I use Tactacam 5.0 with FTS (Film Through Scope) attachment. Whole unit mounts on scope with a prism where camera mounts. Very unobtrusive as far as camera rigs go. Check the "head shots" post or search NBHS (nothing but head shots) for an example. I'm not looking to make "production" quality videos though I could if I worked harder at it. I just want a diagnostic tool. It's less expensive than most camera setups too.

Reactions: Ranchibi
View attachment 481707Here is my setup. I like the camera on top best as I have found the crosshairs in the scope hides the flight of the pellet sometimes. Also I don't have to be so critical in focusing the scope since the camcorder is self focusing. The Tactacam does a good job. I use both at the same time and compare results.
Thanks for sharing 👍
Thats a serious looking setup.
As mentioned, I’m clueless on the subject and was actually thinkin/hopeing it was a more simple system.
That doesn’t look like the easy, on / off installation I was imagining.
Thanks again
BTW, beautiful looking gun 👍

Thanks for sharing 👍
Thats a serious looking setup.
As mentioned, I’m clueless on the subject and was actually thinkin/hopeing it was a more simple system.
That doesn’t look like the easy, on / off installation I was imagining.
Thanks again
BTW, beautiful looking gun 👍
It's very easy to take off. Just 4 screws. The light comes off with 1 screw.