Benjamin MROD 357 tactical

Iirc it's around 36'' without the Ronin and 42'' with the can.

IMG_20240502_092421_5.jpg

IMG_20240502_092404_9.jpg

Just a couple inches off the front to get it back behind the air tube.

If I go bottle conversion, it'll get put back to the tactical/pistol grip setup and lose the tube extension.
Well if you are going to be shortening it up, you'll have to strip the factory clear coat finish to refinish the raw wood to match. And as such, you could experiment with staining the color on the chopped piece. It's hard to say what color that yellow will turn into with staining, but it might look pretty good.

Well if you are going to be shortening it up, you'll have to strip the factory clear coat finish to refinish the raw wood to match. And as such, you could experiment with staining the color on the chopped piece. It's hard to say what color that yellow will turn into with staining, but it might look pretty good.
It's laminate so the color is already in each layer of wood. I already cut a piece off and sanded it down. I put a little satin poly on the piece I cut off and it looks pretty close to the original. Shaping the end and poly might be a bit tricky, but nothing too daunting.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Glad to see that one is still in circulation and being enjoyed by a new owner. 100- 150fpe is what it was designed to do. Any more than that is expecting a lot of the long 10/32 bolt/cocking screw not to mention the 4/40 and 8/32 breech screws......

Those barrels are all TJ 1:26 and like slugs sized to .356, IIRC.

Have fun and be safe.

Glad to see that one is still in circulation and being enjoyed by a new owner. 100- 150fpe is what it was designed to do. Any more than that is expecting a lot of the long 10/32 bolt/cocking screw not to mention the 4/40 and 8/32 breech screws......

Those barrels are all TJ 1:26 and like slugs sized to .356, IIRC.

Have fun and be safe.
Go figure, I ordered NSA in .357!

I haven't tried them for accuracy yet, and I have some Zan slugs and hybrids to try. It shoots the polymags so well, I will probably just feed it those.

I did get my RAI bottle block and a 5/8-18 adapter to use the paintball bottles. Waiting on the bottle to show up and I hope it clears the ronin. If not, I have the moderator it came with and some baffles for a carbon fiber tube I have to make a shroud. I would like to see 8-10 150 fpe shots out of it.

If that can't be achieved, I might get the saber tactical dual drop block and run 2 bottles and make a semi bullpup stock setup for it.

A 17ci (or 21ci, I do not recall which) aluminum bottle, 2" OD, 3000psi rated, was the best match for that gun, IMO. Plenty of air, lightweight. Used to be very inexpensive via Ali Exress. With the breech riser there is enough room to run an STO Sarissa or equivalent. The STO Sarissa was IMO the absolute best suppressor I used on that gun.

No reason for carbon bottles unless regulating, due to the guns 3000psi max fill. Regulating is neat, but not necessary due to the way the modified Cothran works functions...assuming that is still in the gun.

Been there done that with. FX and AGT dual bottle setups. They were neat, but really not worth the effort nor weight.

There's a thread over on GTA documenting most every configuration possible with that kit of parts, at least in the state it was in when I shipped it to CA some time and it seems 3 owners ago. I am sure some things have been changed from when I last saw it.

Cool thread, thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
A 17ci (or 21ci, I do not recall which) aluminum bottle, 2" OD, 3000psi rated, was the best match for that gun, IMO. Plenty of air, lightweight. Used to be very inexpensive via Ali Exress. With the breech riser there is enough room to run an STO Sarissa or equivalent. The STO Sarissa was IMO the absolute best suppressor I used on that gun.

No reason for carbon bottles unless regulating, due to the guns 3000psi max fill. Regulating is neat, but not necessary due to the way the modified Cothran works functions...assuming that is still in the gun.

Been there done that with. FX and AGT dual bottle setups. They were neat, but really not worth the effort nor weight.

There's a thread over on GTA documenting most every configuration possible with that kit of parts, at least in the state it was in when I shipped it to CA some time and it seems 3 owners ago. I am sure some things have been changed from when I last saw it.

Cool thread, thank you for sharing.
Only way I'd go double bottle us with the 300cc shorties and a bullpup configuration. Too long and front heavy otherwise.

The 2" OD bottle should get here today and I can see what kind of shot count I can get.

Do they make the Sarissa in 357?

Got the bottle in today and I'm happier than a pig in chit. It clears the Ronin with enough space to not have any flex under firing hits. Has just a slight bit up downward angle but everything isn't tightened all up yet. It will likely get a barrel band at some point anyways.

1000009893.jpg
1000009894.jpg

This is supposedly a 380cc bottle, and with the air tube being probably 65cc give or take, his should get me into the 10 full power shot range with a steady ES. Here's to hoping!

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
That's the 'right' bottle. The big bore Sarissa is a little harder to find in their site, I used a Google search to find the page.

Based on memory, 10 shots around 120fpe is likely attainable. More than 3-5 in the 150fpe range is a bit unrealistic and IMO bordering unsafe. If you do the math, .357 is stressing all components >3x what they were designed for.

I mostly enjoyed it as a pellet shooter with JSB's running in the 775- 820fps range. It would make one hole groups all day out to 50 yards. 4" gongs at 100 were not too great of a challenge.

You will not find many Mrod based guns with similar performance... It's all in the valve. I still have the sister gun to that one, when tuned to max it will do.over 140fpe in .300, but requires 24" of barrel to do so and will only do it for a couple of shots. But tuned around 100fpe it is a very sweet shooter.

I ran Ronin's, Emperors on that gun with extensions and without. The Emperor with extensions was stupid quiet but stupid long and heavy. Remember the 1/2-20 adapter is very thin-walled...

The big bore Sarissa was the best of all, IMO.

Screenshot_20240910_043839_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: