Multiple compressor manifold

I've been eyeing a E-5K2 from Amazon.
They can be hard to get as they sell out fast.
Honestly, they are great compressors, especially for filling bottles... sounds like a sewing machine running. I just checked my affiliate link and they are sold out at their wearhouse.

Amazon wearhouse might still have some though

As I have stated in the past so many times, HPA is the most expensive part of this hobby and my opinion is all these little inexpensive compressors are a waste of money. Eventually, if you stay in this hobby long enough, you will end up with a commercial compressor and at least one large bottle. Ganging multiple compressors or bottles is easy to do. SCUBA shops and fire departments do it all the time. It is called a Cascade setup. This is done for speed filling of bottles. Usually, bottles are fed into a common manifold with just stainless tubing using standard JIC fittings with tubing sizes ranging around 1/4" or 3/8". In the case of bottles, no check valves are required, but if you wish to be able to disconnect a bottle from the bottle gang, check valves are required of course at the bottles not the manifold. If you wish to gang compressors, check valves are required at the manifold input. The manifold output for charging a gun or another smaller bottle however requires a shut off valve and a line bleed down valve to allow connecting and disconnecting. In commercial cases, heat is an issue, not so much because temps gets too high, but to assure a complete fill because the receiving bottle will see a drop in pressure as the gas cools. To compensate, the bottle is typically emerged in a barrel of cool water. In a commercial environment, you usually see at least 6 40 liter steel bottles ganged together.
IMG_1730.JPG

When I built my compressor rig, I made my manifold out of an 6061T6 aluminum bar drilled and tapped for the various fitments required to manage the compressor. Some fittings are BSPP, some are NPT (See attached photo). The male foster fitting in front that I connect to my fill whip is 1/8"NPT, but the check valve on these are designed for flow in the wrong direction, so just a light tap on a pin punch will just knock it out.

Reactions: 1900colt