N/A Multishot springers - what to go for?

Sights, trigger, accuracy, build quality, durability, service life, warranty, price... it all rolls up into the tasty burrito that is your new pellet rifle.

If you enjoy shooting the gun (and you will) you will love it and buy another one or five.
If you don't then it will sit in the closet and you'll forget it.

If you enjoy it you will shoot it until you break it. When it breaks your heart will break with it. By that time you will own 3. So don't worry about it. Unless it cost you a kidney it dosent matter.

As long as it isn't at the very bottom or the very top of the price range you won't be sorry. Get a simple rifle with a proven design and let it teach you what kind of airgun you need.

The first few thousand shots is a helluva learning curve. After a few months shooting you will see more clearly what type of rifle you want. Until then just grab a pellet gun (any pellet gun) and start flinging lead.

As much as I don’t like the Gamo Swarm system, one redeeming feature of it is that it is easily removable and the price isn’t a whole lot higher than the single shot version, so if you find out that you don’t like an auto loading springer you can always convert it to single shot and you only spent $20 or so extra for it.

As much as I don’t like the Gamo Swarm system, one redeeming feature of it is that it is easily removable and the price isn’t a whole lot higher than the single shot version, so if you find out that you don’t like an auto loading springer you can always convert it to single shot and you only spent $20 or so extra for it.

Whoa! That's cool! I didn't realize they were convertibles. I see that magazine and visualize a failure. If you can bypass it if you needed to it's a pretty cool option.

Having a series of shots without fumbling for pellets would certainly come in handy. Every time I shoot at an animal I wish I could get a second shot in the gun quicker. Pellet pouches suck. My pockets are full of sand and lint so I carry spares in my mouth. I have to take my eyes off the game to reload....

There is a lot to be said for a repeater. Maybe I shouldn't write them off so easily. The few shots I've taken with one it worked fine. It was probably my grumpy attitude toward anything new that influenced my first impressions of the rifle.

Whoa! That's cool! I didn't realize they were convertibles. I see that magazine and visualize a failure. If you can bypass it if you needed to it's a pretty cool option.

Having a series of shots without fumbling for pellets would certainly come in handy. Every time I shoot at an animal I wish I could get a second shot in the gun quicker. Pellet pouches suck. My pockets are full of sand and lint so I carry spares in my mouth. I have to take my eyes off the game to reload....

There is a lot to be said for a repeater. Maybe I shouldn't write them off so easily. The few shots I've taken with one it worked fine. It was probably my grumpy attitude toward anything new that influenced my first impressions of the rifle.
The Gamo Swarms are fairly affordable and IMO they make decent single shot rifles. I've got the magnum and I'm really impressed by how little hold sensitivity they managed to engineer into a 6.88 lb springer that produces around 27 fpe. Given its power to weight ratio you'd expect it to shoot patterns, not groups, but I generally get 5 shot groups of around 2" at 50 yards with it. For what it is, I find that impressive.

That Swarm mechanism on the other hand is a Rube Goldberg machine made out of plastic.