• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Musing on the Brocock Bantam Sniper HR

A while back, I can't remember how long it's been, I bought a Brck Sniper HR from a member here. At the time I didn't know much about Broccock or the Sniper, so it was kind of a chance that it would be a decent rifle.
Well, fast forward and I've been looking for a high power .22 rifle and selling some of my prize rifles to finance it. One rifle that, I did almost sell a while back, was the Sniper, since it's not the most powerful airgun made. But I gained my senses and kept it. I've got more confidence in that rifle than any other I've ever owned, it is totally solid, save for a minor leak, which AOA send me new redesign parts to fix. I hadn't shot it in a few weeks, and it just sat in the corner. Today, I picked it up, checked the air and headed to the garage. At 35 yards was a dandelion with all the petals gone from the intense heat we've been having, the head being probably 1/8". Knowing i had sighted in at 35 yards and that it was dead on, I thought it would be interesting to see how far off it had moved. Bingo, took the head right off clean. The rifle had set, been moved around, stood up against the wall, in and out of the safe, and zero poi change. I posted pics of this thing rested off the bed of my truck at 100 yards, 2-1/4" using JSB 18 gr pellets and a calculated hold over. This is just one of those amazing rifles that just works every time you pick it up.
Not the most powerful, not the lightest, not the most advanced, just darn good at what it does.

If anyone is looking for a great 30 fpe .22, then give the Brck a think. The barrel on mine, which I hope is representative, is fantastic.

I got a Brocock Bantam hi-height, bolt action in a horse trade a little while ago and even though she fought me every inch I've been able to get her back up and shooting.

I had a bad day this weekend and shut down my shop, took her down and completely stripped it down to nuts and o-rings.

Lapped the barrel, touched the crown along the way but she was completely dry inside and out, no sign of any lube.

I put in a little over 9 hours but yesterday I finished leakchecking her and took her to the bench.

It took three shots to sight her in at 50y and I shot a 3 shot cloverleaf, offhand with all 3 touching!

I have too much invested to sell it but Wow! I'm impressed!

Thanks for sharing!