FWB Muzzle brake/break?

I purchased my first airgun - a FWB 124 - and would like to put open sights on it for simplicity and short range back yard plinking. However, it came with this anodized aluminum(?) thing on the end of the barrel. The guy I bought it from didn't know anything about it and suggested that I look for a set screw to remove it. Danged if I can find a set screw, and it doesn't appear to be screwed on. Can this be removed? If so, how? Did the barrel have to be modified to put this on so that it wouldn't be able to accept a front sight?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

FWB 124 muzzle.jpg

I purchased my first airgun - a FWB 124 - and would like to put open sights on it for simplicity and short range back yard plinking. However, it came with this anodized aluminum(?) thing on the end of the barrel. The guy I bought it from didn't know anything about it and suggested that I look for a set screw to remove it. Danged if I can find a set screw, and it doesn't appear to be screwed on. Can this be removed? If so, how? Did the barrel have to be modified to put this on so that it wouldn't be able to accept a front sight?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

View attachment 484213
Leave the brake on and get a red dot

I think it is a taper fit. Place the barrel in a padded vise. Warm it up with a heat gun real good then using a wooden dowl drive it off. Mine came of not easy buy easy enough. Getting them to move is the key. May have to use penetrating oil once or twice. I like Kroil.

They are a dream with apertures if you have the eyes for it. I shoot mine most the time with apertures.