My account/profile has hacked

I haven’t been on the forum for over a year. I still read through it almost daily. When I seen something I was interested in on the classifieds I sent a pm to the person. When they responded l opened the pm and seen a lot of activity that is not me. Tried to pm the person that responded to me to let them know that I was hacked but my message will not send. My question to the forum is what can I do??

There have been a lot of random threads started lately by new members seeking member's to voluntarily give personal information about themselves and the hobby.

Read into this what you will, but there are only a few types of entities with this type of ability to hack and start all of these threads lately. Generally, one is a government party/employee seeking information to push their political agendas, and the other is a business with malicious intent in stealing personal information to use as they see fit but without your knowledge or consent.

I don't see anything unusual. Prior to today your last forum activity was April 14th 2020 about an Airforce Talon P

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.35.56 PM.1614195386.png

I will respond to your DM now.

-Michael

You are not the first one either. I saw a political thread yesterday ( https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/will-all-the-new-anti-gun-legislation-being-proposed-affect-us-in-the-air-gun/ ), started by an account that had no activity on the thing for two years. It appears that the hacker created two random threads, then started the political the thread.

https://www.airgunnation.com/members/locker50/forums/

There have been a lot of random threads started lately by new members seeking member's to voluntarily give personal information about themselves and the hobby.

Read into this what you will, but there are only a few types of entities with this type of ability to hack and start all of these threads lately. Generally, one is a government party/employee seeking information to push their political agendas, and the other is a business with malicious intent in stealing personal information to use as they see fit but without your knowledge or consent.

Do you have any proof that the above mentioned member has been hacked? I see an account with 2 dozen topics created and 289 replies. There are many people that come and go with limited activity over long periods of time.

Please send me detailed information related to "There have been a lot of random threads started lately by new members seeking member's to voluntarily give personal information about themselves and the hobby. "

Thanks

-Michael

Do you have any proof that the above mentioned member has been hacked? I see an account with 2 dozen topics created and 289 replies. There are many people that come and go with limited activity over long periods of time.

Please send me detailed information related to "There have been a lot of random threads started lately by new members seeking member's to voluntarily give personal information about themselves and the hobby. "

Thanks

-Michael

@Michael I have a PM with a link being sent to you, and have edited the above original text as well, due to my pure speculation as to a "bot" hacking and possibly starting that referenced thread and the '''in search of" thread. Please edit to remove the speculation. I was only trying to educate the members. Seeing this video and remembering the recent 'odd' topics got me thinking that we may be being subject to bot scams, etc. 

https://joyofshooting.org/are-you-arguing-with-robots-6-ways-to-spot-a-bot/

https://youtu.be/yLEus3huVKU