My best air rifle kill shot on a squirrel yet!

When it's nice out, I'll drag out the office phone and my laptop to the front porch and work from there. It's much nicer being able to watch the deer, fox, and squirrels than sitting inside.
I was doing just that this morning when I noticed the squirrel activity seemed higher than normal. Maybe because it had been raining pretty steadily for the last few days.
I decided after watching the umpteenth squirrel bury a nut in my front yard to lock up my German Shepherd inside(he goes nuts anytime I grab a gun).
With the dog out of the way, I settled into my seat with hunting sticks and my Avenger close at hand.
Squirrels travel back and forth across my driveway from one patch of woods to the other at a point almost 70yds away. So I put a spinner out there to practice.

The view from my "office". The blue circle is where they run back and forth.

IMG_7350.jpeg

Well the practice paid off! A female stopped long enough for me to get her in my sights and let a hybrid slug fly.
I knew immediately it was a good shot because she just fell down on the spot. Then as I looked up from the scope, I saw the dance begin.
She did the brain dance and ended up 10' to the left, finally laying still 5-10sec later.

IMG_7351.jpeg

As she lay

IMG_7352.jpeg

Got her right behind the eye. Perfect shot placement.

IMG_7353.jpeg

Exit wound right behind the ear

IMG_7354.jpeg

I love when all the practice comes together and you take aim, use the right holdover unconsciously, and make the shot!
It's time to get the crossbow out and start practicing with it. Deer season is almost here!