My best deal ! What's yours ?

AA s500 Extra FAC with non walnut stock, $500. The stock was dinged but all the metal perfec. Then I bought a take off walnut.

Its all dirty in this shot.

IMG_3221.jpeg

My best deal came from a guy who watched a couple of videos and decided he would buy an FX Impact to shoot birds at 200 yards. When the Impact wasn't available he figured that an FX Crown was close enough so he bought one.

This guy can't hit a 5 gallon pail at 50 feet so when he couldn't hit a starling (at any range) he decided to tune the Crown because it was obviously not shooting the way it was supposed to (dam those birds!).

After buggering up every adjustment on the gun without fixing that #$@%#! deffective PCP he decided that FX was a lousy company that knew nothing about designing airguns. He bad-mouthed FX and the Crown so much that he couldn't find a buyer for that POS airgun that was a waste of money.

I offered to take a look at the Crown for him but said he had enough and wanted to be rid of it. He was interested in bow hunting and offered to trade the Crown for some archery equipment.

So, an old compound bow (that I was no longer using ) , a dozen arrows and some accessories later I was the owner of an FX crown and scope in near new (less that a tin of pellets) condition.

After an hour tuning the Crown prints sub-1/4" groups @ 25 yards and sub-3/8" groups @ 40 yards.

The guy is happy with the bow, I'm happy with the Crown, a good deal all around. 😁

Cheers!

20190114_113216.jpg

I've been in this so long, I've run across a LOT of good deals but these have to be the best...
In the early 90s, a gun store in Phx was having a "yard sale"... about 1 acre of fenced parking lot covered completely with guns in various conditions and 2 pallets plus 1 barrel of airguns and actions. I bought these and around 20 other models including a couple of RWS for mostly $5 each but a couple were $10. I cleaned up a good number and gave them as gifts or sold but these 3 are Mendoza Competencia's and were $5 each. They are fairly well made but not refined. The 2 I've restored so far are every bit as accurate as my FWB 124 but better triggers. The barrels are very finely rifled and though I've not actually counted, seem to be 15 groove. The ergos on these are my favorite of a very large number of springers I've ever owned. They shoot about the same power as an HW30 unless you use the dieseling feature. They have an oil port on the tube to actually encourage dieseling and originally had leather seals with a felt wiper for that. I replaced the leather with an HW30 seal on these and do not oil it.
For me, these would be my best bargains 😄
Bob

Last edited:
My best deal came from a guy who watched a couple of videos and decided he would buy an FX Impact to shoot birds at 200 yards. When the Impact wasn't available he figured that an FX Crown was close enough so he bought one.

This guy can't hit a 5 gallon pail at 50 feet so when he couldn't hit a starling (at any range) he decided to tune the Crown because it was obviously not shooting the way it was supposed to (dam those birds!).

After buggering up every adjustment on the gun without fixing that #$@%#! deffective PCP he decided that FX was a lousy company that knew nothing about designing airguns. He bad-mouthed FX and the Crown so much that he couldn't find a buyer for that POS airgun that was a waste of money.

I offered to take a look at the Crown for him but said he had enough and wanted to be rid of it. He was interested in bow hunting and offered to trade the Crown for some archery equipment.

So, an old compound bow (that I was no longer using ) , a dozen arrows and some accessories later I was the owner of an FX crown and scope in near new (less that a tin of pellets) condition.

After an hour tuning the Crown prints sub-1/4" groups @ 25 yards and sub-3/8" groups @ 40 yards.

The guy is happy with the bow, I'm happy with the Crown, a good deal all around. 😁

Cheers!
Dang that's epic.

I bought my 177 Stoeger Bullshark for $185. It was in pieces. It required 2 bolts and two nuts to be operational.
The guy I bought it from said he bought it from a guy that gave up trying to modify it. It’s a great shooter and I love it, currently tuned to shoot 13.43gr @22fpe. I wanted a 177 BullShark for months. It’s just like my P35, so working on it was easy as pie.

I’m just looking for a P35 or P15 stock to use on it. The previous owner hacked it up.

IMG_3467.jpeg