My best deal ! What's yours ?

My best deal came from a guy who watched a couple of videos and decided he would buy an FX Impact to shoot birds at 200 yards. When the Impact wasn't available he figured that an FX Crown was close enough so he bought one.

This guy can't hit a 5 gallon pail at 50 feet so when he couldn't hit a starling (at any range) he decided to tune the Crown because it was obviously not shooting the way it was supposed to (dam those birds!).

After buggering up every adjustment on the gun without fixing that #$@%#! deffective PCP he decided that FX was a lousy company that knew nothing about designing airguns. He bad-mouthed FX and the Crown so much that he couldn't find a buyer for that POS airgun that was a waste of money.

I offered to take a look at the Crown for him but said he had enough and wanted to be rid of it. He was interested in bow hunting and offered to trade the Crown for some archery equipment.

So, an old compound bow (that I was no longer using ) , a dozen arrows and some accessories later I was the owner of an FX crown and scope in near new (less that a tin of pellets) condition.

After an hour tuning the Crown prints sub-1/4" groups @ 25 yards and sub-3/8" groups @ 40 yards.

The guy is happy with the bow, I'm happy with the Crown, a good deal all around. 😁

Cheers!
sounds like someone i know 😂

I just bought a used .25 s510xs extra ultimate sporter from AoA for $750.00. Excellent condition with 16 printed mags . Two SMALL scuff marks on the underside of the forearm on the black soft touch. Shoots great with a 5f.p.s. extreme spread .
How about a beautiful .177 AA S400 FAC Xtra with Huma regulator installed, a Hawke (not Sidewinder) 6-24x50 scope, wheel, rings, soft case and a tin of pellets for $400?! An elderly local shooter a friend told me about was getting out of shooting and offered it to me for that price. No haggling. How could a springer guy NOT get into PCP's for that price? Only thing I didn't like was he added an accessory rail underneath that looked awful and got in the way. I took it off and filled the inlet with a nice piece of blacked aluminum. I've since traded up to a Steyr 110 but miss that old gun and kind of wish I still had it.

IMG_0687.JPG

Last edited:
Box arrives at house, open to find a spankin new Taipan Veteran std in .177
No note, no nothing to state why sent in to me figuring it was a service call of some kind .... Mystery indeed ?

Back research sender from a previous job receipt and make a phone call .... It's yours & THANK YOU for your years of outstanding service of my other air guns.

Best deal you ask ? ..... Premium Air gun for FREE ranks right up there :love:

DSCF0931.JPG

Picked up an Avenger Bullpup with scope and laser for $150 yesterday. Great condition, but missing the magazines. It did have the single shot tray though.

The guy who sold it to me said it was abandoned in a rental unit and I don’t really doubt it. The reservoir had about 800 psi in it and the scope was mounted ridiculously far back and it wasn't even hitting paper at 10 yards.

• Wow
Reactions: coastal drifter
Box arrives at house, open to find a spankin new Taipan Veteran std in .177
No note, no nothing to state why sent in to me figuring it was a service call of some kind .... Mystery indeed ?

Back research sender from a previous job receipt and make a phone call .... It's yours & THANK YOU for your years of outstanding service of my other air guns.

Best deal you ask ? ..... Premium Air gun for FREE ranks right up there :love:

View attachment 493721
Hmmmm.......I don't know if this one counts, Scott. "For your years of outstanding service of my other air guns" sounds like there are a lot of back payments in that gift, lol. I think you earned that one.

Reactions: fishing43
My best deal finally got me in to the world of PCP. My wife has been a nut for Temu lately, I signed up for an account and they provided some discount coupons. I bought an 1800 watt compressor that will fill a tank for the princely sum of 150 bucks. Cheapest I saw same thing on Ebay? 225 bucks. So far so good, I do not expect it to last for years and years, but the unit does appear quite serviceable. Heck I think the big sieve type filter they ship with it is worth the 150 by itself. So far I have charged my Beeman 2028 several times, takes about 30 seconds or so to fill from start of the red on gauge. I'll be ordering my next PCP in a couple days, Hatsan Blitz in .22 I'm anxious to see how quick it fills that up. Lots of "stuff" a SCBA tank will come after the Blitz. Found an awesome old Japan Bushnell in my pile O stuff, the Blitz will wear that for now. 2.5 to 8 42 MM one of the higher end Bushnell scopes. Old but quite bright and has excellent eye relief. I do love bargains.