My compressor won,t release pressure?

My single cylinder Tuxing compressor will not release pressure when l open the value. It set all winter, & has not missed a lick.
I remove the valve knob can,t see any restriction looking in from out side . I know I,m going to have top pull the head, just do
not know what to look for? Any help you guys can help with, would be appreciated .

🪰Fly
Yeah those things are like flipping a coin i hear people buy them and say best thing i ever got then alot say crap i would just buy a good one so you dont have to deal with it good luck

After filling my rifle I turn the compressor off. Then I open the pressure release knob & no air comes out. My
pressure gage still reading what I filled it too. I had to pull my fill line out of the rifle & stand back, from over
3000 psi hitting me. Believe me I know. I ,m going to pull it down, I just thought someone here my have had the same
problem.

🪰Fly

Which pressure release knob? No matter what compressor,they all have a pressure release to let the
pressure off from the compressor. The release knob can be in different places but from brand to brand or model to
model. Yes I did release the pressure from the compressor by pulling out the fill probe. That,s the only thing
I could do, with out the pressure release not working. That is why I,m going to fix it & started this thread. I just
wanted to know if anyone has had the same problem. I will figure it out, I always do. But it helps when some one
else has had this same problem, & shed some light on what caused it. That is why I visit forms as this. Thank You
for your concern.

🪰Fly

Last edited:
Reactions: rc4fun
If your pressure release is like mine, it has a tapered end on the threaded stem that seals against a Delron disk. If screwed in too tight the delron could deform or it could be plugged. With pressure removed and system off, remove the tapered threaded pressure release screw and look into the cavity to see if the seal area is damaged or not open.

Last edited:
Fixed! Thank each & everyone of you for your thoughts. This why we come here as a fan base of this GREAT
hobby, to help each other. OK now what did I do to fix this compressor for not releasing pressure after filling
my gun? Well I,m not sure why this worked but it did. My compressor is a single cylinder Tuxing, a year old
& never had any trouble with it. I was about to pull the head, & started thinking it must be a stuck one way
valve. It set over the winter in my shop. I did this, I hunted up that plug they send with them to test pressure.
you know the little brass plug that comes with them that you invert into the air hose disconnect. I started
it up with pressure control knob open & let it warm up. Then I closed the pressure controlled knob as always
& watched the pressure gage till it reached 3000 psi. Crossed my fingers & open the release valve & IT RELEASED
the pressure!👍👍😱🙄😂. For some reason that valve had stuck open over the winter. I did nothing differant
when I filled the gun, then I did with that plug installed? Maybe someone that knows these compressors better
than me can chime in with there thoughts ?

🪰Fly

Fixed! Thank each & everyone of you for your thoughts. This why we come here as a fan base of this GREAT
hobby, to help each other. OK now what did I do to fix this compressor for not releasing pressure after filling
my gun? Well I,m not sure why this worked but it did. My compressor is a single cylinder Tuxing, a year old
& never had any trouble with it. I was about to pull the head, & started thinking it must be a stuck one way
valve. It set over the winter in my shop. I did this, I hunted up that plug they send with them to test pressure.
you know the little brass plug that comes with them that you invert into the air hose disconnect. I started
it up with pressure control knob open & let it warm up. Then I closed the pressure controlled knob as always
& watched the pressure gage till it reached 3000 psi. Crossed my fingers & open the release valve & IT RELEASED
the pressure!👍👍😱🙄😂. For some reason that valve had stuck open over the winter. I did nothing differant
when I filled the gun, then I did with that plug installed? Maybe someone that knows these compressors better
than me can chime in with there thoughts ?

🪰Fly
If it happens again maybe try light tapping around the one/way valve ,to get it to release before pulling the hose off the gun under pressure ?