• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Epic My Epic "TWO" adventure

I bought an Epic Two and got a 300mm compact in .22 cal. for back yard fun. Was a little loud so whipped up a moderator. Shoots 18.1 gr JSB prettey good at 910 fps. But I like to fiddle so I took it apart to see what makes it tick. Really impressed with the build quality and hats off to the design. The trigger is a great design but seems the sears are made of some kind of hardend powdered metal that has a rough texture. It could be smoother so I'll hone and adjust it a little, easy fix. So next up I picked up a CZ 457 24" rimfire barrel on ebay for $90. I have a CZ 457 and know the barrel is a super tight rimfire barrel. The bore is .212 and the groove is .220 with a 1:16 twist. Going to try it for pellets before I swage some custom slugs. I fit the barrel and velocity went up to just under 1100 fps with the 18.1 gr and 950 with the 25.4 JSB. Now I need to hush this monster down. My ears are still ringing!

IMG_8300.jpg

IMG_8276.jpg

IMG_8318.jpg

24 inch CZ.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.
I am a bit annoyed with the way you have to take the valve out the back, it is also a bit fiddly but probably the way it have to be.
Also that you can not adjust the return thing from the front after having removed the pipe, it look as if you only need to remove a little to be able to get a ball end HEX in that way to adjust.

My valve return are set flush with the end of the valve housing ( 700 mm barrel ) no idea of jet size what ever it came with.

I'll say Sumo like. So the Epic .22 has an 11 shot mag which I love other than it does not have a failsafe to prevent shooting the 12th shot. I'm glad they went with a smaller shot mag because I'm not a fan of 30 shot mags and then putting your chin on top of the stock so you can line up with the scope. I wish they had done a 10 shot with a blank spot to stop the probe like most mag's do. So I just painted the cylinder red at 3 O'clock to see when the last pellet is chambered.
Put the 300 mm barrel back on and played with some 18.1 gr JSB at 920 fps. This is 22 shots at 40 yards with 5-8 MPH winds and is about .60" ctc. Not great but that's why this is my epic adventure.

IMG_8363.jpg

IMG_8362.jpg

One thing I did notice on disassembly is no oring on the barrel anywhere. I guess they counted on the threads but I have blow by. The transfer port has an oring on the probe side but not the joint between it and the barrel. I'll figure something out.

The shroud is vented into the holds on the back

One thing I did notice on disassembly is no oring on the barrel anywhere
It is supposed to do that, i fell for it too, it is air that get funnelled back in the shroud from the front, it get ventilated in the 4-5 mm holes in the back.

I never had a rifle that vent into shroud like that, but as i understand it is not uncommon.

I am OK with the 21 shot magazine for my Maverick, but i dont really use it, i do love my single shot trays.

BTW when shot enough you will see a little lead dust on the air pipe where it is close to the tightening / vent holes.

Last edited:
Nice.
I am a bit annoyed with the way you have to take the valve out the back, it is also a bit fiddly but probably the way it have to be.
Also that you can not adjust the return thing from the front after having removed the pipe, it look as if you only need to remove a little to be able to get a ball end HEX in that way to adjust.

My valve return are set flush with the end of the valve housing ( 700 mm barrel ) no idea of jet size what ever it came with.
.08 confirmed by Dave at Epic.

Just looked at the spare valve i have and it is indeed a little under the end of the brass housing, less than 1 mm i guesstimate.
The jet size, that's OMG small and i would need some kind of small probe to gauge it, it ( the adjustable valve end ) is secured with a dab of something, not ultra strong stuff.

Two valve.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Chip.....
Have You noticed What WE done to the PCP Design community!!!
I am Referring to the Avalanche of Chassis system out there!!!
What you started with that California Special ChipTac Chassis!!!!!
DSC02048.jpg

chip%20stock.jpg

rapid2.JPG

So have started asking for Royalties or infringement of designs payments?? :p:p:p:p
Thanks for a great design work.... When is the next one??

Stuart

• Love
Reactions: woogie_man