• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK My experience with first PCP

Somewhere around 145 shots or so. Which is nice and now that I've had experience with filling it up, I don't think I could do something like an FX DRS with a lower shot count.

That's pretty good. 120 shots is about what I do in a plinking session most times. It would be nice not to have to lug around my guppy tank. Just grab the gun and pellets and you're good to go.

Have you tried the crosman premier hollow points yet? They are supposed to do well in the gun and are cheap.... well at least they used to be cheap, now they're about $10 on amazon (used to be 6 bucks and change).

That's pretty good. 120 shots is about what I do in a plinking session most times. It would be nice not to have to lug around my guppy tank. Just grab the gun and pellets and you're good to go.

Have you tried the crosman premier hollow points yet? They are supposed to do well in the gun and are cheap.... well at least they used to be cheap, now they're about $10 on amazon (used to be 6 bucks and change).
I've thought about grabbing an Edgun peazy with a 580cc bottle. Seems like a good refill option to go in a backpack and go with you.

Haven't tried the CPHPs yet. Did some extensive testing with the AEA 21.9s and I think I've come to the conclusion that they just aren't up to par. Even when concentrating and being very disciplined over my shots, it just wouldn't group as tight as others.

Shot this 5 shot group right after with the JSB 25.39s with half the effort of shooting the AEA 21.9s. I don't know why I just can't leave good enough alone.

Reactions: Phil.Probe
I've thought about grabbing an Edgun peazy with a 580cc bottle. Seems like a good refill option to go in a backpack and go with you.

Haven't tried the CPHPs yet. Did some extensive testing with the AEA 21.9s and I think I've come to the conclusion that they just aren't up to par. Even when concentrating and being very disciplined over my shots, it just wouldn't group as tight as others.

Shot this 5 shot group right after with the JSB 25.39s with half the effort of shooting the AEA 21.9s. I don't know why I just can't leave good enough alone.

Nice job with the 25.39g JSBs. I've got 5000 rounds of those that were ordered by accident about 2 years ago lol. Good to know they work well in the BRK as I'm thinking about one for my next PCP.

Nice job with the 25.39g JSBs. I've got 5000 rounds of those that were ordered by accident about 2 years ago lol. Good to know they work well in the BRK as I'm thinking about one for my next PCP.
They're expensive comparatively, but they shoot good! I was reading the user manual and the gun is actually tuned to the Rangemaster King 25.38 gr pellet.

Interestingly though, Airguns of Arizona tested and recommended the JSB 18.13s. Having shot both pellet weights, this gun preferres both and the caveat is the "nodes" are around 100 fps apart.

Reactions: Phil.Probe
They're expensive comparatively, but they shoot good! I was reading the user manual and the gun is actually tuned to the Rangemaster King 25.38 gr pellet.

Interestingly though, Airguns of Arizona tested and recommended the JSB 18.13s. Having shot both pellet weights, this gun preferres both and the caveat is the "nodes" are around 100 fps apart.
my understanding is heavier pellets at slower speeds are good in the wind at longer distances.

Drift has nothing to do with “weight”… it has everything to do with projectile form (reflected by the Ballistic Coefficient)

An 18 grain pellet with a BC of .034 will certainly drift less than a 21 grain pellet with a .034 due solely to the increase in velocity of the 18 at the start.

There’s a fine line between velocity and profile (BC) where you find the least drift…. but it isn’t always with the “heavier” pellet.

Now… once you get to about 950-975 you’ll see an INCREASE in drift due to supersonic transitional forces. Seems weird, but it’s true.

Drift has nothing to do with “weight”… it has everything to do with projectile form (reflected by the Ballistic Coefficient)

An 18 grain pellet with a BC of .034 will certainly drift less than a 21 grain pellet with a .034 due solely to the increase in velocity of the 18 at the start.

There’s a fine line between velocity and profile (BC) where you find the least drift…. but it isn’t always with the “heavier” pellet.

Now… once you get to about 950-975 you’ll see an INCREASE in drift due to supersonic transitional forces. Seems weird, but it’s true.
so slower speed means less drift? and heavier pellets mean less drift too? This is what I have heard from EBR pros.