HW/Weihrauch My first airgun HW95

Your screws shouldn’t be loose. Gun won’t shoot anccurately and in the extreme you could have damage. I use 17 in-lb for front stock screws, 25 in-lb for front trigger guard screw, and 12 to 15 in-lb for rear trigger guard screw as starting point for HW. The HW factory specs are tighter but IMO too much. Be careful with rear trigger guard screw. Err on the lighter side and tighten a little if needed. With a little shooting you’ll find what works well for your gun. Screws will need tightening occasionally. I try to check mine after shooting. You’ll need a torque screwdriver. Wheeler Fat Wrench works great and you can buy as a set with some screwdriver and hex bits included. You’ll need metric hexes and/or Torx bits depending on which scope rings you use.

What scope rings and scope are you using? That will determine torque settings. For that gun 15 in-lb for the rings should hold the scope in place fine and be safe for most scopes. Scope rings to rail depends on which rings you have. Could be anywhere from 20 to almost 50 in-lb depending on what manufacturer recommends. You’ll want to use the recoil stop pin also. Again, the screw torques should be checked either after you finish or before next shooting session. Springers will rattle screws loose.

Your screws shouldn’t be loose. Gun won’t shoot anccurately and in the extreme you could have damage. I use 17 in-lb for front stock screws, 25 in-lb for front trigger guard screw, and 12 to 15 in-lb for rear trigger guard screw as starting point for HW. The HW factory specs are tighter but IMO too much. Be careful with rear trigger guard screw. Err on the lighter side and tighten a little if needed. With a little shooting you’ll find what works well for your gun. Screws will need tightening occasionally. I try to check mine after shooting. You’ll need a torque screwdriver. Wheeler Fat Wrench works great and you can buy as a set with some screwdriver and hex bits included. You’ll need metric hexes and/or Torx bits depending on which scope rings you use.

What scope rings and scope are you using? That will determine torque settings. For that gun 15 in-lb for the rings should hold the scope in place fine and be safe for most scopes. Scope rings to rail depends on which rings you have. Could be anywhere from 20 to almost 50 in-lb depending on what manufacturer recommends. You’ll want to use the recoil stop pin also. Again, the screw torques should be checked either after you finish or before next shooting session. Springers will rattle screws loose.
Hey Cjtamu. That's more than I can understand.
The screws were loose. I can't believe it too. I have now tightened it.
What do you use to determine how many in-lb your screws are at?
I have touched the trigger screws.
I haven't bought a scope or ring yet. Using the iron sight. Do you have recommendations for rings to get?

Love that photo. It's a really beautiful gun. What plinking targets do you use? My current goal is stick with CPHP for however long I can! already shot about 200 pellets in 2 days
HW95 .22 caliber. Absolutely my favorite springer I have ever owned. And owned Weihrauch’s for over 40 years. Liked it so much I spent the money for a custom stock. Set it up with a Weihrauch diopter. Possibilities are endless. Welcome to people who love to spend other people’s money. I primarily shoot CPHP. It loves them and they’re cheap, like me.
3223C861-774D-4985-9DB4-BA27EE915E86.jpeg

That is really beautiful. How much does that custom stock cost?

What iron sight are you using? Oh had to google it, but that is the sight. Looks like it's discontinued already
Weihrauch diopter
CPHP is really great value compared to a more expensive alternative that comes in a tin of 250.

HW95 .22 caliber. Absolutely my favorite springer I have ever owned. And owned Weihrauch’s for over 40 years. Liked it so much I spent the money for a custom stock. Set it up with a Weihrauch diopter. Possibilities are endless. Welcome to people who love to spend other people’s money. I primarily shoot CPHP. It loves them and they’re cheap, like me.View attachment 377857

Ahh, front sight came off. I use a tiny dab of blue Loctite on that screw. Only place I use any but it helps there. The Wheeler Fat Wrench is what I and many others here use to set screw torque. There are a lot of places online that sell it. Stock screws are easy. One on each side in the wood at front of stock. Can start about 15 in-lb with those. Trigger guard screws are what they sound like. Front screw is closest to front of gun. About 25 in-lb works for me. Rear one much lighter, just need to be snug. Try 12 in-lb to start. Every gun is a little different so experiment and see what your gun likes. I wouldn’t go over 20 for Front stock screws or over 15 for rear trigger guard. Front trigger guard can be tighter but I don’t think it needs to be more than 30. Others may feel differently. I keep notes on screw torque, what pellets I used, etc. Then when I find a gun’s happy place it’s easy to get back to.

I think most of us here use Sportsmatch rings. They’re my first choice. They have one and 2-piece mounts. Depends on your preference. They have a high and a medium height generally. Most people shoot medium height. I switched to high because it helps me now that I quit wearing contacts and shoot in glasses. And rings diameter will need to match scope diameter. So many scope options. Athlon and Hawke make good scopes at reasonable prices. Lot of others. 3-12 or 4-14 is probably all the magnification you need for that gun. I have a 3-12 x 40 Athlon and it’s great on that gun. Light weight is a plus. Not sure where you bought your rifle but Airguns of Arizona is the HW distributor in US. They can help you pick a scope and rings. As could Pyramyd Air and many other places. If you don’t know how to mount a scope it would be worth taking somewhere and letting them mount and fit to you if you can. This is my 95 Luxus with Athlon 3-12 x 40 on Sportsmatch 2 piece mounts. I like the ones with 4 screws for the rings, not 2.

20230312_164847_resized.jpeg

Reactions: Bean and TXRMike
Im tossed to get another r9/95 i just prefer .177 . I just cut back on different ammo in one pellet fits all + i aint hip on sub 800 in .22 . I just now eant a long range and short range set up in the r9/95 instead of clicking for this then reclicking for that. Just a this gun set for this stuff and that gun set for past that..lol

Reactions: Bean
oh that's madness! How do you get approval from your SO with all the purchases?

and what's your favorite now?
I have learned to beg for forgiveness very well. LOL I have a HW98 in .20cal that is in a CS700 stock that may be my favorite right now. Like SpiralGroove my HW95 in .22 is in a HW98 stock and is still right up their on top as a favorite.

• Haha
Bought my first air gun! Read through a lot of previous posts! Having only shot a 66 powermaster, this is a huge upgrade!

HW95 .22

View attachment 377777

View attachment 377778
Nice choice! My first springer was a Weihrauch. I have an HW98 in .22 and a .177 HW50S. Beautiful rifles. The 95 in .22 is next on my list of must have springers.

In the order of acquisition. I have
177 HW95 Luxus
20 R9 SE
22 HW95 Field Pro
20 HW98

All Good guns. All have Sportsmatch T04C rings and Airmax 3-9x40 scopes.

I recommend a Wheeler fat wrench and 262 red loctite.
My torque recommendations in inch pounds

Front screws 20 more can crush the wood fiber. The wood is thin there.

Front trigger guard 44
Rear trigger guard 15

That front globe screw you gotta crank it tight.

Use a proper fitting hollow ground screw driver set on all screws. The typical tapered tip screwdriver will ruin the screw heads and run a greater chance of slipping out and damaging the gun.

Congratulations on a nice choice. Good luck and enjoy

That is really beautiful. How much does that custom stock cost?

What iron sight are you using? Oh had to google it, but that is the sight. Looks like it's discontinued already

CPHP is really great value compared to a more expensive alternative that comes in a tin of 250.

If you're interested in a diopter sight for your 95, the sight that comes with some of the Daisy/Avanti match rifles is available separately and is a perfect fit on the Weihrauch break barrel springers-

I mounted one on my HW50S and it works great. It does require a recoil stop roll pin, but installing one on the underside of the sight is a simple job.

DSC00005 copy 5 2.JPG

DSC00012 copy 3 2.JPG

I kinda would like weihrauch to press weihrauch. In the forend of all there stocks. ( Like they do a 50). And just stick to silver triggers for them not borrowed golds from beeman line...lol

Then at a glance a guy can tell thats a hw and thats a beeman not a is that a beeman or hw without needing to check the stamping/ stencil ..lol

Hw- silver triggers and stock stamped "weihrauch"

Beeman R's - gold trigger no "weihrauch" stamping on the forend ..

If you're interested in a diopter sight for your 95, the sight that comes with some of the Daisy/Avanti match rifles is available separately and is a perfect fit on the Weihrauch break barrel springers-

I mounted one on my HW50S and it works great. It does require a recoil stop roll pin, but installing one on the underside of the sight is a simple job.

View attachment 377918

View attachment 377919
How do you install the stop pin? Is the sight cut for it?

Reactions: djna
How do you install the stop pin? Is the sight cut for it?

You'll need a 7/32" drill bit, a 7/32" x 3/8" roll pin, and a center punch. Figure out where you want the sight to sit and mark a spot on the underside of the sight that aligns with one of the three stop pin holes on the gun. Then find the center, mark it, center punch it, and drill a 7/32" hole 1/4" deep into the underside of the sight being careful not to drill all the way through. Insert the roll pin in the hole and grind it's length down until the sight will sit squarely on the rail and the pin reaches the full depth of the recoil stop pin hole on the rifle. A drill press is preferable, but it can be done carefully with a hand drill. The sight body is aluminum so it drills easy.

When done it should look like this-

DSC00003.JPG