• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex My first PCP is a Notos

zeroc

May 23, 2024
Got it from a member. It’s trashed to some degree, but still shoots well in 10 yards. A friend borrowed it to do some pest control.

Yes, I bought a 3d printer for it. I’m broke but no regrets

Edit: The gun is inaccurate at all. I'm not happy.

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1188.jpeg

Last edited:
Lookin good! Bug Buster scope looks good too!

When it grows up, it too can have good mags and a big ole' bottle!

View attachment 472849
Your gunsmith skills are quite impressive. I’ve been following your posts for a while. While I wouldn’t mind a little more performance from my Notos, I don’t want to change the compact, lightweight utility of the gun.

Reactions: Firewalker
Your gunsmith skills are quite impressive. I’ve been following your posts for a while. While I wouldn’t mind a little more performance from my Notos, I don’t want to change the compact, lightweight utility of the gun.

Actually, that can be accomplished in the same configuration you currently have just by porting it out.

Yes, your shot count decreases a LOT but performance rises.

Actually, that can be accomplished in the same configuration you currently have just by porting it out.

Yes, your shot count decreases a LOT but performance rises.
Well, not sure I’m willing to give up the shot count. I’m getting 24 shots (2 CARM mags.) @ 20 fpe w/ 16 gr. pellets and damn good accuracy. I guess if I need more power I’ll just grab another gun… but it sure won’t be as handy as the Notos.

Nice, how did you do it? It seems my group starts to open up at 20 yards
I just got lucky and mine was a shooter from the day I got it. I even got so lucky as the first pellet I tried worked amazing(Norma 17.6). This is 5 at only 25 yards. Never put it on paper past 35ish yards. I do have hanging golf balls and smaller items at 50 yards. Will hit golf balls at 50 yards no problem.
F7BDBA28-D96D-48BF-B018-3DA78AC8C36A.png

Well, not sure I’m willing to give up the shot count. I’m getting 24 shots (2 CARM mags.) @ 20 fpe w/ 16 gr. pellets and damn good accuracy. I guess if I need more power I’ll just grab another gun… but it sure won’t be as handy as the Notos.

Thus the reason I've done so many carbon fiber bottle conversions. Throw a plenum, Z-block and a CF bottle on it and you get 100-150 shots instead. Port it out for fpe.

Awesome Gun!! for your first PCP. Its a regulated pistol carbine...and for the price its very hard to beat. I love my Notos.....amazing little gun. You got good taste : )
Thank you Mark! I live in SoCal as well. Appreciate your kind words. I used to buy a lot of powder burners, but it’s just prohibitively expensive in both time and money to go to the range. I‘dI love shooting in my backyard, with a backstop of course

Tsg1u8G.jpg

FSJYS4C.jpg

qzEtcoa.jpg

Mine shoots well, and I'm not a great shooter. Adjusting the trigger makes a big difference in group size. Other than that, mine is bone stock. I tried adjusting the hammer spring when I first got it, but it didn't seem to make any difference so I set it back to factory. I shoot 16 gr. pellets @ 750+ fps. That seemed like the best balance of speed and power for my gun. I shoot pellets right from the tin... no sorting... so groups might not be the very best.
A bottle, IMO, would spoil that light, compactness I'm talking about. Huge shot count is not necessary for my purposes. Refilling in the field is not a problem.
20 fpe at the muzzle is 11 fpe at 55 yds. I kill squirrels every time with 10 fpe on the target with a CO2 gun.

Mine shoots well, and I'm not a great shooter. Adjusting the trigger makes a big difference in group size. Other than that, mine is bone stock. I tried adjusting the hammer spring when I first got it, but it didn't seem to make any difference so I set it back to factory. I shoot 16 gr. pellets @ 750+ fps. That seemed like the best balance of speed and power for my gun. I shoot pellets right from the tin... no sorting... so groups might not be the very best.
A bottle, IMO, would spoil that light, compactness I'm talking about. Huge shot count is not necessary for my purposes. Refilling in the field is not a problem.
20 fpe at the muzzle is 11 fpe at 55 yds. I kill squirrels every time with 10 fpe on the target with a CO2 gun.

Nice writeup!

One thing to keep in mind is that a carbon fiber bottle conversion adds about 4 ounces to the guns weight.

The OEM air tube is very heavy and the CF bottles are light.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandn
Nice writeup!

One thing to keep in mind is that a carbon fiber bottle conversion adds about 4 ounces to the guns weight.

The OEM air tube is very heavy and the CF bottles are light.
Thanks.
Only 4 ozs. for the bottle and block? That's not bad, but still, bulkier. I'm still thinking about your barrel thread and re-crown, so I could use my own suppressor, I have a Huggett Atom that would make it shorter still, but the gun is pretty darn quiet as it is. I don't need it to 'silent', just take the snap out of the report. Maybe I'll message you about it, if that's OK?

Reactions: Firewalker
Thanks.
Only 4 ozs. for the bottle and block? That's not bad, but still, bulkier. I'm still thinking about your barrel thread and re-crown, so I could use my own suppressor, I have a Huggett Atom that would make it shorter still, but the gun is pretty darn quiet as it is. I don't need it to 'silent', just take the snap out of the report. Maybe I'll message you about it, if that's OK?

Of course! Message away! :giggle:

When you say bulkier,
Nice, how did you do it? It seems my group starts to open up at 20 yards

Pellet selection?