My impressions on .22 Akela

Terry,

I would eat dirt before tethering an airgun to shoot a match. I’d get a gun that can shoot on its own … this gun can get plenty of shots to finish a card, or one of the Kral variants like the Pro 500 if you need more power can get lots of shots from a charge even though they are unregulated. I have a new .25 Pro 500 to play with also, and so far it looks like it will deliver at least 50 tight shots at around 45fpe with just a little fiddling. It got around 90 good shots at about 35fpe. Just a project to play with … lots of potential, but you have to be willing to fix niggly things, like oddball fill valve, inadequate front rail mount, not very lefty friendly … yet I am stoked on the performance capabilities of this gun!

LD

id use it for awhile before you get the wire cutters out lol .. if you havent anyway .. new springs tend to break in and relax a bit after some use ...

I have the Cayden, I've owned it for 10 months. When I first got it, the hammer spring seemed tight , I looked at some spring modification tips and tricks, on the forum, and the internet . but I was concerned that the mods would void the warranty. ( something to consider if that matters to you ) I decided to shoot it for a bit and see if it lightened up, and it did. I . After the hammer spring tension relaxed some, and the gun settled down and broke in, it shoots great!, 

I know a reg is available for this model, but prefer the simplicity and extra reliability of non-regg’d guns.

I feel the same way. I’m worried that if I added the Huma regulator, it would significantly reduce my shot count - as well as add complexity.

I can't speak for the Aklea , but the Cayden does not need a regulator, it is pretty consistent A regulator will add more leak points ,to the gun and failures in the future. (with little benefit ) And the extra cost of the reg , to the price point of the gun , is a no for me. 

Found this single shot tray on Ebay. Hope this helps you

Benjamin Kratos Akela Cayden Swing Open Single Shot Tray 3D Printed | eBay I have one, they are good, the seller on Ebay is awesome!! The swing arm part was a little loose for my taste so, I shimmed it to firm it up .

I know a reg is available for this model, but prefer the simplicity and extra reliability of non-regg’d guns.

I feel the same way. I’m worried that if I added the Huma regulator, it would significantly reduce my shot count - as well as add complexity.

I can't speak for the Aklea , but the Cayden does not need a regulator, it is pretty consistent A regulator will add more leak points ,to the gun and failures in the future. (with little benefit ) And the extra cost of the reg , to the price point of the gun , is a no for me. 

Found this single shot tray on Ebay. Hope this helps you

Benjamin Kratos Akela Cayden Swing Open Single Shot Tray 3D Printed | eBay I have one, they are good, the seller on Ebay is awesome!! The swing arm part was a little loose for my taste so, I shimmed it to firm it up .

You can say that again!

A few of us got together for a plinking/target shooting session on my range, and we all felt the little Akela was pretty darned capable … surprising accuracy in shifting winds with often overlooked 14.3’s at about 800fps.