My new Air Venturi .177 Avenger arrived today.

Well, it arrived, but too late to zero it. I got it from Baker Airguns and am looking forward to tomorrow. I have a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO scope for it. The paper that came with it from Air Venturi reported that it shot a 10-pellet string from 1003 to 1018 fps (avg was 1013.2). The pellet weighted 8.4 gr. That produced an avg of 19.15 ft-lbs of energy.

I also bought an Avenger adaptor and a TANTO silencer from DonnFL for it. The silencer, at 1.22 inches in diameter, is much skinnier than my SUMO and the cover over the Avenger's male Foster fittings comes off easily, no problem.

Well, I was able to shoot the new Avenger today, but I couldn't zero it because I don't have any scope rings for my 30mm scope (all mine are 1 inch rings) - I ordered some, there'll be here Thursday, 3/11/21.

But, I was able to chrony it for FPE. Here's what I got:

I was shooting .177 RWS Meisterkugeln, 8.2 gr pellets. Average velocity was 1033.6 fps (the high was 1039, which happened 4 times and the low was 997, my first shot).

That gave me an avg FPE of 19.46 ft-lbs. That was not as much as my .177 Benjamin Marauder, which produced 20.69 ft-lbs with the same pellets. I was thinking the Avenger might produce more FPE that the m-rod, but I was wrong.

When I finally get a scope on the Avenger, I'll compare the accuracy between the two .177's.

Well, I was able to shoot the new Avenger today, but I couldn't zero it because I don't have any scope rings for my 30mm scope (all mine are 1 inch rings) - I ordered some, there'll be here Thursday, 3/11/21.

I was shooting .177 RWS Meisterkugeln, 8.2 gr pellets. Average velocity was 1033.6 fps (the high was 1039, which happened 4 times and the low was 997, my first shot).

That gave me an avg FPE of 19.46 ft-lbs. That was not as much as my .177 Benjamin Marauder, which produced 20.69 ft-lbs with the same pellets. I was thinking the Avenger might produce more FPE that the m-rod, but I was wrong.

When I finally get a scope on the Avenger, I'll compare the accuracy between the two .177's.

I received mine and did a couple of test shots, and this thing is LOUD without a suppressor... 

IMG_0330.1615347240.jpg
Congrats you will love it! I suggest getting an air stripper and baffles off ebay for ~$17 if you didn't get the extension that centers the barrel in the shroud. It actually quieted it down noticeably and tightened up groups. Main thing is it keeps the barrel straight and away from POI shifts. If you have some wood tools make your own stock! The plastic original is very flimsy and I can see it being on a bipod messing with poi also. I shot off bags at long range instead of bipod for this reason. Other than that mine has been perfect out of the box

I received mine and did a couple of test shots, and this thing is LOUD without a suppressor... 

I heard it would be loud, so, I bought a DonnyFL TANTO suppressor for it. I shot it with and without the suppressor - the suppressor is staying on.

IMG_0330.1615347240.jpg
Congrats you will love it! I suggest getting an air stripper and baffles off ebay for ~$17 if you didn't get the extension that centers the barrel in the shroud. It actually quieted it down noticeably and tightened up groups. Main thing is it keeps the barrel straight and away from POI shifts. If you have some wood tools make your own stock! The plastic original is very flimsy and I can see it being on a bipod messing with poi also. I shot off bags at long range instead of bipod for this reason. Other than that mine has been perfect out of the box

Nick, possible to share an eBay link? I was going to put my .30 Donny Shogun on it, but adapters are all sold out, waiting it back in stock.

bltefft not at the moment on the aftermarket stock that I know of. Did you get the Donny extender too that centers barrel with the shroud? If not at least get a cheap ebay air stripper to keep it straight to help with poi changes and clipping

Yes, I got the DonnyFL adapter/extender. Got for a silencer, didn't know it would also solve a shifting POI issue.