Umarex My Notos first impressions

I wonder if that's why I kept getting jammed slugs.
I ended up replacing that piece after dropping the barrel assembly, right after I cleared the jam with a dowel! Doh!
I wish I knew there was a newer option when I replaced mine. I guess I'll have to do it again. I just had another almost jam this morning...

Reach out to c88, he will make it right!

Reactions: AmosBurton
I noticed something when I put the gun back together after doing the port job. The screw that holds the pic rail wasn't going all the way down. It looked like it was at a glance but I could see some play in the rail. After shortening the screw it works properly now, no movement. I suppose this might explain my strange POI shifts.

Now, this could be a problem I caused. I had replaced the original grub screw that is under that screw that holds the barrel (lost the original). The replacement wasn't that much longer then the original but I guess the two screws were very close to start.
Just something to keep in mind for others that may have had to replace the original grub screw like me.

I wonder if that's why I kept getting jammed slugs.
I ended up replacing that piece after dropping the barrel assembly, right after I cleared the jam with a dowel! Doh!
I wish I knew there was a newer option when I replaced mine. I guess I'll have to do it again. I just had another almost jam this morning...
Message him on eBay. It's what I did. He rushed it to me.

Edit. Just saw you already did

I noticed something when I put the gun back together after doing the port job. The screw that holds the pic rail wasn't going all the way down. It looked like it was at a glance but I could see some play in the rail. After shortening the screw it works properly now, no movement. I suppose this might explain my strange POI shifts.

Now, this could be a problem I caused. I had replaced the original grub screw that is under that screw that holds the barrel (lost the original). The replacement wasn't that much longer then the original but I guess the two screws were very close to start.
Just something to keep in mind for others that may have had to replace the original grub screw like me.
Wait.what? That sounds like you might be using a longer than 4*4 grub.

You solved the same way i did until my dovetail to picatinny rail adapter arrived.. after I switched to the FX barrel which came with a 4x6 grub if I recall correctly. Maybe a 4x5 and the same exact issue.

I found MUCH more reliable point of impact when I mounted directly to the dovetail. The original pic rail/fore end for me had about 1/32 of play and resulted in a 6 moa shift horizontally. Depending on where it rocked (almost imperceptible in normal shooting activity) could hit anywhere between zero and six left or right

Last edited:
Wait.what? That sounds like you might be using a longer than 4*4 grub.

You solved the same way i did until my dovetail to picatinny rail adapter arrived.. after I switched to the FX barrel which came with a 4x6 grub if I recall correctly. Maybe a 4x5 and the same exact issue.

I found MUCH more reliable point of impact when I mounted directly to the dovetail. The original pic rail/fore end for me had about 1/32 of play and resulted in a 6 moa shift horizontally. Depending on where it rocked (almost imperceptible in normal shooting activity) could hit anywhere between zero and six left or right

I honestly don't remember the size screw I used, I just used the smallest one I had. I remember it being pretty close though.
I may use a dovetail mount at some point. Right now I have a over bore bipod, which I really like. If I could find a dovetail to pic rail that was as long as the one that is on the notos I would use it.
Before I shortened that screw it would be fine when I zeroed it (like it wouldn't shift as I was shooting), then it would be slightly off each time I filled it with air. I haven't done any shooting after fixing the screw so I'm not sure how it effected POI shifts.
I likely won't shoot much until my bottle conversion comes in, no sense in shooting if I will just have to adjust everything in a few days.

Message him on eBay. It's what I did. He rushed it to me.

Edit. Just saw you already di

I honestly don't remember the size screw I used, I just used the smallest one I had. I remember it being pretty close though.
I may use a dovetail mount at some point. Right now I have a over bore bipod, which I really like. If I could find a dovetail to pic rail that was as long as the one that is on the notos I would use it.
Before I shortened that screw it would be fine when I zeroed it (like it wouldn't shift as I was shooting), then it would be slightly off each time I filled it with air. I haven't done any shooting after fixing the screw so I'm not sure how it effected POI shifts.
I likely won't shoot much until my bottle conversion comes in, no sense in shooting if I will just have to adjust everything in a few days.
Depending on what tank rig you get you might be able to convert to either mounting a picatinny bipod on the under rail of a cricket block/reg. Or if you go the unregulated dropblock+inline adjustable or set pressure reg you can use. 34mm ring clamp mounted pic rail.
You can buy the rear dovetail plate for pp750 from air archery and mount a long one piece dove to pic. And mount an extension on the front or mount the longest dove to pic rail you can find with it slightly offset to leave a small ledge to mount your OTB pod.

Or stick with the original if it's a snug fit. Mine wasn't, I improvised. It paid off. There's endless choices.

Reactions: phoenix_cow
I went back to a dovetail to picatinny 9 slot mounted solely on the front dovetail and mounted a cantilever scope mount backwards to get the scope in a proper position. I mounted the cheaper stream light , the TLR6 Led/laser option on the excess front rail, helps guide my squirrel hunting buddy to targets... Dude had a brain tumor and got a craniotomy, now has huge difficulty following directional instructions.

Reactions: AmosBurton
Well mine just arrived. First thing already is a loose castle nut. buttstock rotates it’s so loose.

ordered A maple mag to try out. Will report back soon. Mounted up a vortex strike eagle 1-6 as well.

It's a good idea to check all the screws and seals on all guns when you get them. Even if it is from a good company you can never tell how long it has been sitting on a shelf. And often shipping isn't very gentle, at least where I live. I swear every box I get in the mail has had some sort of dent in it.

It's a good idea to check all the screws and seals on all guns when you get them. Even if it is from a good company you can never tell how long it has been sitting on a shelf. And often shipping isn't very gentle, at least where I live. I swear every box I get in the mail has had some sort of dent in it.
Brother. Have you tried AEA 15.9 yet?

Absolute perfection. Even the hades and 17.5 .218s have Nothing on them out of mine. Absolutely shocked. First experience with AEA pellets out of all my guns yesterday. The shape in which the pellets arrived in, the consistency in uniformity. Just blown away I've got to find the other half of my scope cam mount to get quality pics and videos. At 25 10 shot groups looked like 1 or 2 pellet impacts on the target, at 60 it was .6-.8" groups. I shot 150 25.3s out of my dreamline at 900, 22 was even better.

Haven't used AEA yet but I have used JTS. I have heard they are very similar in construction.
I have not used JTS in my notos yet. I have used them in my avenge-x and was very impressed by them. I weighed a tin of them once just out of curiosity, I normally do not bother, and they had very few out side of the advertised weight. Weighed a similar pellet of JSB for comparison and JSTs blew them out of the water.
Not to start a brand war, but I really feel like JSB is overrated. Love their Hades but have not been impressed with anything else I have tried of theirs. Maybe the guns I own just like harder lead, JSB seems to use a softer lead.

Haven't used AEA yet but I have used JTS. I have heard they are very similar in construction.
I have not used JTS in my notos yet. I have used them in my avenge-x and was very impressed by them. I weighed a tin of them once just out of curiosity, I normally do not bother, and they had very few out side of the advertised weight. Weighed a similar pellet of JSB for comparison and JSTs blew them out of the water.
Not to start a brand war, but I really feel like JSB is overrated. Love their Hades but have not been impressed with anything else I have tried of theirs. Maybe the guns I own just like harder lead, JSB seems to use a softer lead.
I typically shoot FX 25.4 in .25 which is basically a copy of exact King jsbs . The FX QC seems to be better than jsb to me. The FX shoot great out of the dreamline. I've used everything In 25 and FX came out on top....until AEA.

The notos LOVED jts 16.08. However , did shoot jsb and FX 15.9s insanely well. The JSB issue for me was consistency between batches. The good tins were good .im not just talking looks wise when I say "good". Some could look good but shoot like crap, some had chattered up skirts and shot well. JTS 16s and FX atomic were my preferred and the 17.5 NSA. However, since I've ported the NSA don't seem to like the higher velocity. It's odd, but, it's what it is, went from one hole groups to 2MOA. At 730fps they were the favorite, bested all pellets except JTS. until I tried AEA the other day. It's insane how well they did.

The crown with the 700 superior shoots everything well except h&n 18 and 15 cuda. Typically I shoot either the .22 hybrid right under 1000 or 25.39 monsters. In 380 I typically shoot FX 18.13. however .... It loved AEA too.

Last edited: