ND Prairie Dogg'n

Jbravo103 and I went to one of the bigger pdog towns we have permission to shoot at today.

The day started out cool and foggy.
20240915_090348.jpg

But turned out to be an excellent day for shooting, light wind and 85°.
20240915_115629.jpg

The closest shot was 26 yards.
62697.jpeg

We had a few shot from 40 to 60 yards.
20240915_111458.jpg

A lot of the shots were 80 to 125 yards
62693.jpeg

With the long shot of the day was 150 yards.
20240915_132209.jpg

The prairie dogs were pretty wild and after a shot or two, whether a hit or a miss they would go down their hole and stay down.
All in all we had a great day shooting.

How far do you folks in ND have to drive west before you get into big PD towns? How would you compare the size of the towns compared to SD?
Most of the prarie dog towns are west of the Missouri river and south of I-94
I have never shot prairie dogs in SD so I can't say.
The smallest town we shoot at is about 15 acres.
The one in the pictures is about 50 acres.

I know of a few over by Glen Ullen and that area. Being from Fargo it is a bit of a drive, but I have family in Bismarck. So a few hour drive to Bismarck, and then the distance to where you are shooting. So could be an hour or more to get where you are going.

I am planning on making a trip next year and camping out of my truck. Talking with NDWind about it as well. Would be fun to get a group of airgunners and go out and have fun for a weekend.

If you can get around the Theodore Roosevelt park there are HUGE dog towns. There are a few that are pay to play type areas, but many are not. Most times it takes some talking and a few beers to find where the good towns are at.

Reactions: Mr.H and Impact701