Need a low power air pistol, or possibly a rifle. What to get in today's market?

With good shot placement, not a problem. With poor shot placement, even a 5.56 AR-15 is inhumane.

It's not only about the size of the hammer, but about the skill with which you wield it.
This is a well disguised trolling post - you obviously should know you are preaching to the choir. I got nothing for you.

• Wow
Reactions: sidpost
This summer there have been quite a few cases of cats shot with airguns, and surviving that long enough for someone to find out, and bring in police and press.
Denmark is a .177 FAC country
Mind you these are probably shot with a anemic springer.

Cat population can some times get out of hand in some places, but you just call someone and they come ( free of charge ) and trap them and do,,,,,,, whatever.
Not really a need to go " hunting "

Mind you my friend, at his old place he had a Koi pond, and stocked with quite a few fish, and he lost some to a cat, and the owners of the cat could not care when he confronted them.
So,,,,,,, in the end sadly cat had to go.

As i recall the law here actually state that you got to keep your cat on your own land,,,,,, which is not at all easy if it is not in a harness and roped up, which again with a cat can be quite problematic.
You should tell your friend about solar fence chargers and a strategicly placed piece of wire , the cat will only need to touch it once and it will not ever get near that spot again. They used to get in my trash, they won’t come near the bin now and the wire has been gone for a year. The cats didn’t leave or die, they just stay away from that trash bin now. Just a thought.

Reactions: Sawney Bean
HW30S in .177 or .22.

small pests @ 50’ and under wouldn’t stand a chance.

with the 30 you would have a quality tool for the purpose you state and for some entertainment when you want to relax and practice. These air rifles are very easy to shoot accurately and no need to do anything to them other than just shoot, shoot, shoot.

I have 4 HW30S. In .177 cal I would suggest trying the JSB Exact Express 7.33 grain pellets and in .22 cal I would recommend H&N Field Target Trophies 14.66 grain with either 5.53/4 head sizes.

I have a Trijicon IR-Hunter Mk3-60 for feral hogs typically shot at 150yd~200yd away. I am looking at a Park NightStalker 4K for a Ruger 10/22 and possibly an air rifle.
Brother, I had neighbors that were unfriendly to the Airgun world, so I had to thermal it up so I wouldn’t get caught. They had a horse barn so I have a terrible rat problem….well had lol

You should tell your friend about solar fence chargers and a strategicly placed piece of wire , the cat will only need to touch it once and it will not ever get near that spot again. They used to get in my trash, they won’t come near the bin now and the wire has been gone for a year. The cats didn’t leave or die, they just stay away from that trash bin now. Just a thought.

I have 3 solar-powered "10-mile" fence chargers. Keeping them in service due to storms and feral hogs is a real challenge. And yes, I have used them in the past to keep dogs off the back porch when sprayed by a skunk.

If a trash bin or something similar is all that I cared about, an electric fence would work fine but that solution is really practical for my needs today.

HW30S in .177 or .22.

small pests @ 50’ and under wouldn’t stand a chance.

with the 30 you would have a quality tool for the purpose you state and for some entertainment when you want to relax and practice. These air rifles are very easy to shoot accurately and no need to do anything to them other than just shoot, shoot, shoot.

I have 4 HW30S. In .177 cal I would suggest trying the JSB Exact Express 7.33 grain pellets and in .22 cal I would recommend H&N Field Target Trophies 14.66 grain with either 5.53/4 head sizes.

Thanks! I think I will try what you suggest. Now, off to look for a HW30S.