Need Help Sourcing Wika Gauges for Inline Regulator

Ok this is frustrating trying to search AGN for lower mount ¼ male NPT gauges for an inline regulator. I'm looking for the type that have the psi/bar display and I haven't found them. I've looked on these two sites so far.

I got error messages on another site. Then there's the issue of some of the photos and descriptions not matching. I'm a little frustrated and would appreciate some help. If you have bought any, where did you find yours?

Last edited:
While I visited the WIKA webpage, there are many configuration options available, such as bottom thread mount, rear thread mount, etc.
It appears that perhaps a call to WIKA may be a better option as you at least can explain your exact criteria for the gauge that you want and they should be able to guide you.
From the couple of candidates that I reviewed, it seems that WIKA can make anything that you want, such as the dual reading gauge.
They are expensive, $190-$220ish, stock, without the dual reading gauge.

Mike

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Another one on ebay. This one is liquid filled. Seems less likely to be a knockoff when liquid filled. I guess anything that costs less than my expensive German made gauge with large face seems suspicious to me.

stovepipe

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
On second thought, I wouldn't personally buy this one. The price seems too good to be true and it's not glycerine fillled. I'll look some more.

stovepipe
The glycerin application is normally for industrial use where vibration is present. Plus, there is always a good chance they will start leaking. I have an almost new one (Wika) that is leaking all of its glycerin out.

The glycerin application is normally for industrial use where vibration is present. Plus, there is always a good chance they will start leaking. I have an almost new one (Wika) that is leaking all of its glycerin out.
Good point about the liquid-filled gauges only being necessary on vibrating machinery, like compressors. I just assumed (we know what that means) that a liquid-filled gauge would, somehow, be built to higher standards. Obviously, my assumption was incorrect.

stovepipe

Here’s the reg I settled on instead of sourcing components and building my own. The only thing pictured that I had to source was the male foster fill nipple on the right.
IMG_5925.jpeg

I think you'll be happy with your choice. I figure your initial idea of sourcing components separately was so that each component would be the best available. That Best Fittings adapter looks top-notch to me. I like that the guages go to 5000 psi rather than 6000 psi -- better use of the dial range. Wait a minute -- is there a bleed valve on it to bleed air when disconnecting the rifle?

stovepipe

@stovepipe It is described as having some sort of bleed valve, but I was instructed to have, make, or buy one. I use the one on my SCBA tank - the same valve that I use to bleed line after filling a gun.
Those gold (and red) regulators are almost all made by Aqua Environment. They can be had in non-vented or self-vented configurations.

Non-vented configurations will need a separate bleed/vent valve somewhere in line. On the self-venting configurations, turning down the regulator will vent the output, even to 0, allowing disconnection from your airgun.

It might be beneficial to have a separate bleed valve even with the self-venting configurations, but it’s not absolutely required.

Reactions: Centercut
Those gold (and red) regulators are almost all made by Aqua Environment. They can be had in non-vented or self-vented configurations.

Non-vented configurations will need a separate bleed/vent valve somewhere in line. On the self-venting configurations, turning down the regulator will vent the output, even to 0, allowing disconnection from your airgun.

It might be beneficial to have a separate bleed valve even with the self-venting configurations, but it’s not absolutely required.

@Scotchmo That’s the term, “self-venting.” Whether it is or isn’t, I don’t recall. I just used the bleed valve on the SCBA tank. That seemed to work ok. Initially I was going to piece together my own, but this one was cheaper.

I just came across this 65mm Wika gauge that displays bar and psi at Trenier Airguns. Thought I’d post so people can find it easier.