Need Recommendations for a PCP Airgun to Deal with Coyotes

I’m not disagreeing… see the remainder of my post. It’s entirely adequate with judicious shot placement.

A .22lr is no different from a decent PCP when talking subsonics.
My main point in my post was that a 22 long rifle can sit in the corner for months and months and months and you can pick it up chamber around and it’s ready to go. You do not have to worry about any pressure loss, pumping it up getting it ready, it is ready to go in a moment.

My main point in my post was that a 22 long rifle can sit in the corner for months and months and months and you can pick it up chamber around and it’s ready to go. You do not have to worry about any pressure loss, pumping it up getting it ready, it is ready to go in a moment.
Both my Edgun r5m and Benjamin Marauder can sit for months and still get the first shot right on target.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
A Marauder is near the low end of prices for a PCP. I jacked up my R5M hammer spring and pressure one time for more power. So much so that it wouldn't cycle easily. A coon came buy I tried to chamber a pellet and it got jammed. Pulled out the Marauder that haven't shot for more than 6 months. Coon DRT due to lead poisoning of the brain. The pellet was right on target!

On the Marauder you should be careful not to bang the barrel on anything or it may upset the zero. The R5M is a tank with its tensioned barrel you can run it over with a truck.

BTW decades ago I bought a Ruger 10/22 for less than $100. It shot so poorly with (cheap ammo) Winchester Wildcats. The groups at 50 yards were about 1.5" and it also jammed some times. I was so disappointed I sold it to a co-worker for only $50. He said it work great with CCI stingers. I wasn't interested in a gun that had to shoot premium ammo to decently function.

A Marauder shoots way more accurately with low cost ammo than a 10/22, and the cost that isn't that much more!

A Marauder is near the low end of prices for a PCP. I jacked up my R5M hammer spring and pressure one time for more power. So much so that it wouldn't cycle easily. A coon came buy I tried to chamber a pellet and it got jammed. Pulled out the Marauder that haven't shot for more than 6 months. Coon DRT due to lead poisoning of the brain. The pellet was right on target!

On the Marauder you should be careful not to bang the barrel on anything or it may upset the zero. The R5M is a tank with its tensioned barrel you can run it over with a truck.

BTW decades ago I bought a Ruger 10/22 for less than $100. It shot so poorly with (cheap ammo) Winchester Wildcats. The groups at 50 yards were about 1.5" and it also jammed some times. I was so disappointed I sold it to a co-worker for only $50. He said it work great with CCI stingers. I wasn't interested in a gun that had to shoot premium ammo to decently function.

A Marauder shoots way more accurately with low cost ammo than a 10/22, and the cost that isn't that much more!
A 10/22 is an entry level POS.