• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need suggestions between a few PCP’s

Mr. Garcia,
Avenge-X, traditional style, wood stock, gets my vote for best looking. Seem to recall Air Venturi announcing an Avenge-X red laminate stock being introduced sometime this year at the January 2024 Shot Show. I'd search out Shot Show videos on YouTube and see if red laminate is to your liking and when it's available. Pyramyd Air is where I'd purchase Avenge-X but wait until the next big holiday since they often offer 10-14% discounts as holiday sales promotions. WM

Mr. Garcia,
Avenge-X, traditional style, wood stock, gets my vote for best looking. Seem to recall Air Venturi announcing an Avenge-X red laminate stock being introduced sometime this year at the January 2024 Shot Show. I'd search out Shot Show videos on YouTube and see if red laminate is to your liking and when it's available. Pyramyd Air is where I'd purchase Avenge-X but wait until the next big holiday since they often offer 10-14% discounts as holiday sales promotions. WM
Thank you, I seen the video comparison between the regular avenger and the avenge-x, and I like the new features and I also decided to go with the traditional style rifle instead of the bullpup. And thanks for the heads up on the holiday discounts and the red laminate model, I’ll keep an eye out for it and check it out. 👍🏼

Reactions: WorriedMan
I own an Avenger .22 Bullpup and it really performs well, is accurate and shoots CPHP's very accurately. Parts are readily available from Air Venturi and it is very easy to work on. Price wise, it is hard to beat.
Hello,

I have a couple of springers but I've been wanting to get into PCP’s and I’ve been doing some browsing and little research. I already have a compressor in mind but I would like some suggestions between four .22 caliber rifles that I came across. The first 2, I want a powerful rifle to push slugs for rabbit hunting so I was wanting to go with the .22 Airforce Condor SS, but then I came across the .22 Hatsan NeutronStar which looks like a really nice repeater rifle. The Hatsan doesn’t have a regulator but I can find the right slugs to manage the speed and energy. The Condor SS and the Hatsan NeutronStar are in the same price range, but I only would have to choose one out of the two, so which one would you recommend ??

Then I came across two more rifles that caught my attention, and they both are in the same price range and I like the way they push some 18grain pellets. so I was thinking of also purchasing one of the two for target shooting and squirrel hunting with pellets, and possibly replacing my .22 Gamo Magnum. Which rifle would you recommend out of the .22 Hatsan Flashpup and the .22 Air Venturi Avenger Bullpup? Your suggestions/ recommendations are greatly appreciated, Thank you.
I have seen most the recommendations here, all seem good, but for the money and since the Avenger Bullpup was mentioned, my 2 cents is that the Avenge X 25 cal. is truly a remarkable gun. The Avenger bull pup it was a great bargain buy in its day but has since gone down into the sunset with the newer and very upgraded Avenger called Avenge X and you have more flexibility in mods depending on your needs and flavor. Avenge X 25 Cal specifically in bottle config gives you extreme accuracy out of the box with avg of 100-110 shot count depending on the weight of pellets or slugs. It's not picky either. It is regulated and if you are good in tuning then you have an awesome gun for less than half that you would spend on a gun costing twice as much to get the same result. I started with a break barrel a long time ago called as Benjamin Genesis 22cal (anemic by today's standards) and still have it but is now a mummy in gun case, replaced it with a Gamo Mag Gen 3i 22 Cal, amazing break barrel but I have always hated the workout of cocking that rifle had me doing, it has also become a mummy. After 42 yrs. of Federal service, I retired last year and picked the PCP gun world as a new hobby in addition to other hobbies. I have enjoyed target practice and critter control living out in the countryside. It's been fun. It's easy to get caught get up in the PCP Kool-Aid out there but there are some very good and interesting media on PCP out there on scopes, ammo, guns etc. Enjoy the hobby and pick what you determine feels right to you. We all have our personal likes and that is to be respected. In the end it's what you like.

Last edited:
Thank you, I seen the video comparison between the regular avenger and the avenge-x, and I like the new features and I also decided to go with the traditional style rifle instead of the bullpup. And thanks for the heads up on the holiday discounts and the red laminate model, I’ll keep an eye out for it and check it out. 👍🏼
Good call, desirability and value of originals often fades fast with new models. My first, an Umarex Gauntlet, cost $310, less than 3 years ago, Pyramyd Air, occasionally, now sells on special for $180s. Prefer green laminate over red, don't care for pink tones, but green only offered with original, for now. Get on Pyramyd Air's contact list, good way to follow discounts and specials. They've a running, "buy 4, get one free," ammo special, pretty good combined with those 10-14% discount offers, a mid-winter 11% discount just expired, picked up ZANs slugs, using both deals, good savings. WM

Just my 2cents, and to give you all one more datapoint (although anecdotal) I own a neutron start in .25 and damn that thing packs a punch. And with slugs in particular it is ridiculously accurate (far greater than my .22 Henry lever action!) I have done some light experimentation with ammo and found what works/doesn’t. Only been running it with a hand pump which is quite a workout haha. But - it’s been sitting lots and has 0 leakage after months and months. My only complaint would be the fit and finish of the action (just the bolt really) is a little sloppy. Other than that, it’s pretty and a blast to shoot, holds up well

Reactions: Ryder276